Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

migration from qlikview server 9 to 10

hello all,

i am testing migration on my local system. i had qlikview server 9  and have created two task .

after migration to qlikview server 10.

the two task are no more.

can any one help me

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan

Sunil Chauhan
7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sunil,

These steps are from the Release Notes. As you can see, you have to migrate your scheduled tasks in the QEMC.

From QlikView 9

 When having IIS and updating from Version 9 to Version 10 the QlikView virtual fol-ders (QlikView, QVAnalyzer, QVAjaxZfc, QVClients, QvPlugin, QVJava and QVPlugin) must either be manually deleted after un-installation or changed to point to the new folders (QlikView, QlikViewDesktop, QVAjaxZfc, QvClients and QvPlugin) after the upgrade is done.

 If there is no Publisher license (only a QlikView Server license) and reload tasks have been set up, a manual step is required.

1. After installation, start all QlikView services.

2. Go to the systems tab and select the QlikView Server.

3. Go to the General tab for the QlikView Server

4. Under the heading "Migrate Schedules" you will find a button to migrate the schedules. Note that this will only appear if you have any tasks to migrate and if the Management Service has connection to the QlikView Distribution Service.

 To avoid that the uninstall of version 9 removes the .config files, please make a back-up copy of the ones you have modified manually. The most common one is QlikView Distribution Service.exe.config.

 After an upgrade, the supervision accounts needs to be added in the QEMC again.

 When upgrading from version 9 to version 10 you should restart the [physical] server after the upgrade.

 Make sure that you delete temporary Internet files on the computer where you run QEMC/QMC after the upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

thanks for reply Miguel but

here server is also showing unlicenced and other services are showing disconnected.

if i see in licences tab then licence is available and

from services.msc all services are running

but under status->services server is showing unlicenced and other services are showing disconnected.

Sunil Chauhan
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Sunil,

Do you have some other QlikView Servers with the same license runnning? Did you install .NET 4 before installing QlikView? What does the Event Viewer says? Note that if you have upgraded, you may be reading from wrong folders the xml and configuration files. Check the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech as well.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

ya i have same licence on qlikview serveer which on windows server.

i have not istalled .net 4 before installing qlikview.i am attaching here the snap of event viewer.

i had backup of  qliktech folder and i have replaced new qliktech folder with backup.

Sunil Chauhan
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Sunil,

On one hand, QlikView Server 10 requires .NET 3.5 or starting on SR3, .NET 4 to run without issues. On the other hand, if both Servers have the same license number and this license does not allow clustering, one of the Servers will show "Off Duty" and will not perform any tasks.

Please check the Release Notes as they have a very useful step to step guide to install and update.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion
Author

thanks miguel

but it will not allow me to put other licence

if i put some other licence then it showing me old licence.

Sunil Chauhan
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then you will need to stop services in the old server so the new server can work.

Regards,

Miguel