Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to access directly to QLIKVIEW document

Is it possible to access directly to QLIKVIEW document without retyping your username and password

using a web link ?

I have tried to use this link

<a href="http://SERVER/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=DOCUMENT.qvw&userid=USER&password=PASSWORD">qlikview document</a>

But it request me always user and password

Regards

Oronzo

Labels (1)
13 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Oronzo,

It seems that you are embedding from an external web page to the qlikview. If you use the Plugin, you can set up the browser to get your current logon credentials and pass them to the Server, you will need to use NTNAME in section access instead of USERID and PASSWORD.

I have tested with Firefox and works as well for the Ajax client. I have not tested that with Chrome, though.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel Angel,

could you give an example for Mozilla Firefox ?

I have tried to configure DMS mode in my QLIKVIEW server and I have configured 2 users because I don't have Active Directory. What I must to do in Section Access ?

Thanks

Oronzo

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Oronzo,

Section access can use USERID and PASSWORD or NTNAME field instead, so it takes credentials from the current user. The NTNAME field must match with the returning value of the function OSUser(). So first, create a new text object with the function

=OSUser()

And that will return your user in DMS or security directory when you see the file through AccessPoint. However, your user is likely to be different from this, in this case (if DMS users and security users do not match), you will be prompted any time, because the Server needs to know whether you are a valid user or not.

But say your users are CUSTOM\USER1 and CUSTOM\USER2, and that QlikView Server is running under the account LOCAL\QVADMIN. Section access should look like

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME

ADMIN, LOCAL\QVADMIN

USER, CUSTOM\USER1

USER, CUSTOM\USER2

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

That will allow the application to show for those 3 users, and if CUSTOM\USER3 gets to the AccessPoint he will not see this file.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your kindness,

I will try your resolution and I will send my feedback

Regards

Oronzo

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel Angel,

I have tried to insert in the load script the access section before the section application for a CUSTOM\USER1

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME
USER, CUSTOM\USER1
];

SECTION APPLICATION;

but it request me always USER and PASSWORD when I click on the link

<a href="http://SERVER/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=DOCUMENT.qvw&userid=USER&password=PASSWORD">qlikview document</a>

And I cannot modify the document with the client

Maybe I have forgotten to do something else?

Regards

Oronzo

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do not use userid and password parameters in the URL. If "CUSTOM\USER1" is not the user returned by OSUser() you will be prompted anyway, because QlikView Server needs to authenticate the user. I'm running a document with very similar issues, and the following URL works fine, if I'm properly authenticated onto the computer (it does not prompt for credentials):

http://server:port/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Document.qvw&ntname=CUSTOM\USER1

This is working for documents with and without section access, but again, in my case, OSUser() returns "CUSTOM\USER1".

Eventually, you might need to develop a single sign on solution that catches the credentials of the user assigning his or her corresponding DMS entry and passing it to the QlikView Server. It's something alien to QlikView, and I don't know if there are QlikView ready solutions out there.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Miguel

If I put

OSUser()=

I find my username

PCOronzo/Oronzo

If I put the section Access I have failed authentication

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME
ADMIN, LOCAL\QVADMIN
USER, CUSTOM\USER1
];

Regards

Oronzo

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Oronzo,

As far as I see, you will need to add a new line

USER, PCORONZO\ORONZO

to your section access. If not, you will not granted access, anyway.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I have put

USER, PCORONZO\ORONZO in the SECTION ACCESS

so now I can access to the document with the QLIKVIEW Personal Edition

but I can't access to the document with the user

CUSTOM\USER1 using the web link

http://server:port/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Document.qvw&ntname=CUSTOM\USER1

Oronzo