Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we find the QVD Creater file path/source?

Hi,

Is there any way to know the QVD file source ( means from where it is got generated ) while seeing the only QVD file.

Best Regards,

Shubham

5 Replies
ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I think this isn't possible - at least 'out-of-the-box'.

But it would be easy to integrate some lines of code to the QVD-Creator-script which fill in the desired 'meta-information' into the QVDs as separate fields ( e.g. source-path, creation-time, creator-script, ...) or as a separate 'Meta-QVD'.

Greetings,

Edgar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for your reply. But sorry to say that I didn't get your second part of answer. Will that be helping us to know the path of origin of QVD creator.

Thanks & Regards,

Shubham

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Shubham,

for now, if you get your QVD from 'somewhere', it isn't possible to find out about its origin.

My proposal is only for the future creation of QVDs in a company.

In this scenario you would use QVD-Creators which add your required 'Metadata' automatically to every created QVD (or create an extra 'Meta-QVD' besides the 'normal' QVD).

If I had to build such a QVD-Creator, I would include fields for sourcedocument, sourcetype, sourcepath, name of creator-script, date of creation, QVD originally stored to path.

This also means, that your QVDs will be a bit bigger as you have your Meta-information per record.

Hope this helps.

Edgar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Edgar,

Thats great piece of Information.

Thanks

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I have to correct myself - there is a way to get the QVD-Creator from a QVD-File, at least before the latest security update for QV11 or QV10SR4.

You can open a QVD with an editor (notepad++, notepad or any other program which can show XML).

The Header should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<QvdTableHeader>

<QvBuildNo>11149</QvBuildNo>

<CreatorDoc>C:\Users\EdgarXXXXX\Documents\opengeodb\opengeodb_generator.qvw</CreatorDoc>

<CreateUtcTime>2011-12-22 13:30:29</CreateUtcTime>

also you will find all source-documents or souce databases which are in use by the QVD-Creator.

here is some more information:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/40308

Greetings,

Edgar