Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional show for certain key figure

Hi QlikXperts!

I wonder if there is an "out-of-the-box" functionality to only show a selected KPI in a pivot table, when there is a certain condition fulfilled.

As an example, I don't want to show the KPI "estimated income"  when there is a selection on a certain dimension, for example "year".

But other KPIs in the pivot table should always be shown, so it is NOT an option to hide the whole pivot table

If there is no out-of-the-box functionality provided by QlikView, does anybody have an idea how a workaround could be implemented? Maybe show white text color on white background, when a year is selected or something like that?

Any hints?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

msglanges

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

With QV11, you could set a conditon for each expression in expression tab. I think this would fit your needs.

Regards,

Stefan

edit: as condition you could use e.g.

=GetSelectedCount( Year )

Not applicable
Author

Stefan,

thank you so far!

Unfortunately, QV10 is in use. Any options with QV10 ?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In QV 10, I have used a variable and macro (VB Scripting) to toggle enable/disable the expression. I have used variable triggers based OnChange event and calling the macro to control the enable/disable setting. I’m attaching an example... In this example if you select the region the first expression will disabled and enabled. But you can change your condition to something else

I hope this helps you to adapt for your requirement.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Cheers - DV