Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master Calender

Hi All,

I have an issue with master calender.

I need to develop one master calender.

I have two major tables, Probsummary and Changesummary.

Both the tables have two DIFFERENT date columns, Probsummary:- Open_time and ChangeSummary: Orig_Date

Now I need a central calendar from where I should be able to extract Year,Quarter, Month, Weekofday, Week etc. . . .

And i need the selections made on these calendar fields to reflect across changesummary and probsummary.

I'm fairly new to ETL side of Qlikview therefore i'm in need of guidance regarding this.

I would want to know the best way to approach this. . .

Few standard scripts would also help. . . .

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can you attach your qvw file and database....I want to look into this

Not applicable
Author

I have attached the source and qvw file . . .

Not applicable
Author

I am attaching the updated qvw, in this i have created a linking between master calender and Probsummary.

changesummary excel is missing so i didn't create any linking with changesummary.

Not applicable
Author

I have created master calender using scrip from one of the initial post. I have created calender object and when i try to select the year all it is showing 1899, 1900. Would like to know why it is not giving me an opion of year ranges between varMinDate and varMaxDate.

Thanks for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much vijit jindal, I have done the necessary changes to ChangSumamry

And Special thanks to all of you for your continued response. .

Not applicable
Author

i am attaching here the updated master calender according to the dates you want.

Not applicable
Author

Vijit Jindal. Thanks for your update. Is there any way I can create an calender object and assign the Year limitations to it.