Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No Connection Error in Access Point

Hi,

I have deployed 2 qvw files in access point. when I click it for opening its telling "No  Connection" and it won't open the file.

Not in Ajax or IE mode. I have all the previlages in DMS mode.

Can any one tell me whats the issue and steps to resolve it.

Access point.JPG

Labels (1)
20 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Deepak,

Are you using conditional hidding for some sheets? If yes, are these sheets the ones that open when you open the document for the first time? Try commenting the condition to make all sheets visible, just for testing, and try to open it from the Accesspoint.

Please add some details on the computer and version you are using, and if that happens to every document on the server or only to some of them, and if that happens from every computer, or just some.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply.

Its a simple qvw file with a text box in it. No onditions no data no scripts. Even the normal QVW's are also having same issue.

Machine details which can help are:

Product nameQMS Backend Core x86

Client Build Number10.0.9061.7

Target Platformx86

Publisher License Key

Number of Distribution Services Allowed1

PDF Distribution AllowedNo

Machine Information

Computer NameDEEPAKN

Operating System VersionMicrosoft Windows XP Professional x86 (Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3)

.NET Version2.0.50727.3625

Physical Memory3063Mb

Available Memory1702Mb

CPU Information

CPU 0              Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz

CPU 1              Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz

Message was edited by: deepak_subex

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Deepak,

First of all, and just to avoid privacy issues, please remove your license key from the previous post.

Some additional questions: are you able to use QVP://servername instead of http://servername/qlikview ? Can you see the Accesspoint listing all documents? What web server are you running IIS or the QVWS? Is this an upgrade from version 9 or a new fresh install? And are ports working fine (port 80 in the server allowed inbound and outbound)?

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

🙂 I reomed the license key now. That was bit stupid act.

Answeres:

1.Yes, open from server works perfect using QVP://<servername>/.....

2.Yes, all mounted files are seen in my access point.

3.I'm using QVWS as my web server.

4.I unstilled QV 9 and cleaned up registry and manually deleted the QlikTech folder, restarted y machine then installed QV 10.

5. All ports are owrking fine. Port 4720,4730,4750 and 80 are in my firewall exception list, so should not be any issue with the bindings.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Deepak,

Does the Accesspoint using IE Plugin works when you click on the blue arrow icon and select IE Plugin and the document opens? Do you have any firewall or proxy configuration that might be interfering with the web server?

If the QVP works means that the port 4747 is open and works fine, but the QVP protocol does not use the Web Server, irrespective it is the QVWS or the IIS. So the problem seems to be somewhere between the client computer and the webserver. Does the user shows properly in the "Logged in as " field located at the right top of the Accesspoint?

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

No, the issue is same with both ajax and IE plugings.

I have a proxy. but i tried with out proxy to.

Yes, thats the point QVP here doen't play a major roll in terms of the ports. interestingly i'm trying to acces the server which is local to me. Which is not in another machine. Ya, logged in user name is <domain_name>/<user_name>.

Which is also not neceesery as i'm getting the thumnails in access point.

The issue is only when the file is clicked.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Deepak,

Go to the log folder (locate it in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Server, Logging) and check the events.log and sessions.log file to see whether they have some errors or hints on what may be happening. Check the Windows Event Viewer and the Service Console as well to see if the services are running fine.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Are you using a single server or a cluster?

Not applicable
Author

HI Deepak/Miguel,

Have you resolved this?.

We now get this error occassionaly. There is nothing logged in the logs files. Everytime this happens we have to restart QlikView Webserver service to get this working

We recently upgraded to QlikView 11 from Qlikview 10

Thanks,

Noor