Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DMS Authorization

Hi Team,

Need an urgnet help. I have installed Qlikview Server and Selected domain name and provided username and p/w.

I could able to access the qvw files through Access point. Now, I want to change authorization to DMS. I have followed below steps..

Step 1: Changed Authorization from NTFS to DMS in System >> Security >> Authorization

Step 2: I have created user called JOY through System >>Directory Service Connectors >> Custom Directory

Step 3: I have added recipients to QVW file through Documents >> <QVW> files>> Authorization.

But, When I try to acces http://localhost/qlikview its still asking for the domain username and password.

Note: We are using Qlikview Server Enterprise Edition 10.0 SR4

Thanks in advance,

JoyKing

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Assuming your custom directory is created and it appears on your QEMC, have you created any user in the Users tab in the Custom directory? (The Users tab does not appear until a custom directory has been set).

Second: if you are using a custom directory, in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Web Servers, Authentication, did you set Custom User there? Make sure the CUSTOM\ prefix is the same as the name of your custom directory.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Joy,

When prompted for user and password, you will need to specify CUSTOM\JOY and the password you have set to that user in the QEMC. Then you will be granted access to the AccessPoint.

DMS does not mean anonymous, and requires authentication, but now the user is managed by QlikView, not by the active directory.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply, but no luck. I tried Custom\JOY and password but still its asking for domain specific username & p/w.

Till step 2 its fine in Step 3 I couldn't able to find the user which I have added through System >>Directory Service Connectors >> Custom Directory.

Regards,

JoyKing

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Assuming your custom directory is created and it appears on your QEMC, have you created any user in the Users tab in the Custom directory? (The Users tab does not appear until a custom directory has been set).

Second: if you are using a custom directory, in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Web Servers, Authentication, did you set Custom User there? Make sure the CUSTOM\ prefix is the same as the name of your custom directory.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel/Friends/Forums,

I had QlikView 11 version.

I had done all the above step for implementation on DMS but not luck. When I going to Access Pint of QlikView it is showing as login failed.

I will let you know step by step so that u can guide me where I am wrong.

I had created of sample1.qvw. Which I had copied in c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents.

1. In System-> Directory Service Connector->Custom Directory created one User as user1 and password as user. Part Enter as c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\customuser

After doing above Clicked on Apply

2. In System->QlikView Web Servers->Authenticatino

a. Selected Type as  Custom User.

b. In Parameter: Prefix: CUSTOM\user1 (Word CUSTOM already there. I had added only \user1 [No space had been left])

c. Selected Login Address as Alternate Login Page(web form).

After doing above Clicked on Apply

3. With the help of Documents Tab. Given access right to the user1.

After doing all above thing I had restart the server of QlikView Webserver(Acces Point).

Now when I using the url of Acces Point. After some time ask user id and password where I had done the following things

1. Given Login as user1 and password as user  (Here it is showing as Invalid Login).

2. So next time I had given Login as CUSTOM\user1 and password as user  (Then also it is showing as Invalid Login).

Please, let me know where I am wrong. Any other step is required to get in QlikView Access Point. or something else is pending.

I will be very thankful if get solution.

Advance Thanks

SD

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

I am not able to implement the DMS. Can please help?.

I didn't understand  the following mention points mentioned by you:-

FYI,

In System-> Directory Service Connector->Custom Directory created one User as user1 and password as user.

It also ask the Path where I had enter the following:-

c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\customuser

Before that I had created the folder "customuser" in "c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector"

2. In System->QlikView Web Servers->Authentication

a. Selected Type as  Custom User.

Am I right or wrong can u please advice. It will great thankful to you

Thank

SD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

a very important question which I like to ask is whether or not QB SBE (small business edition)

supports DMS and allow a custom directory creation ? Actually one client looking for QV Implementation

but they have budget only for QV SBE and QV SBE does not support connection third part directories?

so how the users in QV SBE will be mananged and can we use custom directory in QV SBE???

ANANT