Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

temporary table

is it possible to load the information complete the information in a table previously loaded.

I explain: I have a table "sale" I want to extract all the days of the day entries and add them to the history already loaded in Qlikview

thank you

4 Replies
forte
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi bertybert :

You can do it using RESIDENT , in example :

sale2:

Load

RESIDENT sale;

, where sale is the name of the table you have previously charged.

Hope it helps,

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi There,

You can try the below example:

"TEMP_SALE":

NoConcatenate LOAD *

Resident "Sales" //Your sales table name here

;

//You can then join the temporary table to the History table, for example:

Join("History") //Your history table name.

Load *

Resident "TEMP_SALE"

;

Drop Table "TEMP_SALE"; //Drop the Temporary sales table from the model after joining.

Hope this Helps,

Regards GJ.

Not applicable
Author

At the time of charging information, the history table is in turn recharged.

Every day we have a new sales file that contains only the information of the day.

we need the History file does not charge more. Files of the day will come update.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Assuming you want to keep some way the data you are loading today when you the load tomorrow, I suggest you to take a look at this thread and this other thread on the same issue. That way you will always have your historical data in files (QVD files are, in addition, way too faster to load) and your updated data in the same document, allowing you to perform kind of "incremental load" without using buffer QVDs and having full control on what you save and what you load.

I hope not have missed the point, but there you are my two cents.

Hope that helps.

Miguel