Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help Connecting and extracting data from Info Cube

Hi All,

My work entails bringing data from SAP Info Cubes into QlikView. I have SAP BI Cube QVD Generator.qvw but have no idea how to use it.

How does it work?

Is it similar to the Script Builder?

What are the changes (eg. Connection Srting etc) do I need to make in order to refresh SAP BI Cube QVD Generator.qvw and access relevant cubes?

What are the challenges in bringing data from infocubes?

If someone could guide me or provide a tutorial pdf, it would be a big help.

Thanks,

Neeraj

17 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

I will suggest you to go through  SID other than DIMID.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I work in SAP BI and I am co-ordinating with a team working in Qlikview.

Currently a dashboard is being designed in inventory which is based on 0IC_C03 cube.

The cube uses non-cumulative keyfigure for stock quantity and value which doesn't get stored in the cube.

In order to avoid the dependency on marker updates in the cube, I suggested to compute stock value and qty based on the Receipt and Issue fields which is present in cube.

Citing performance and difficulty in handling deltas in Qlikview, I have been asked to store month-on-month Inventory stock value and qty in a DSO in BI for the last 2 years so that Qlikview team can use it to perform computation.

Since the data volume is huge, storing data in a DSO through APD is a tedious process. The APD fails to execute.

I would like to know what is the general practice followed by the Qlikview developers. Would storing the cube data in Qlikview and then performing the calculations in Qlikview be a better solution ? Since I don't know much about Qlikview, I am unable to comment on same.

Help would be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Neha Tank

suniljain
Master
Master

Hi Neha,

I alredy worked with this inventory cube. As per my experience I would suggest you to implement the logic in qlikview itsel and then only you can take benefit of qlikview. Qlikview is very fast in data processing.

You can perform calculation like Opening Stock + Receipt stock - Issue Stock in qlikview itself.

Regards;

Sunil Jain

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for the prompt response. I shall explain the requirement we have:

Based on the user selected date, the stock value has to be computed, which would mean summing up all Rec + Issue values less than equal to the selected posting date.

Then the consumption for the last 2 months needs to be computed, which is summing up all Issue values for resticted set of movement types less than equal to the selected posting date.

The demand for the next months is obtained from another DSO which has data like MATERIAL / PLANT / M1 / M2.

The final formula is : Stock Value / ((Last 2 months consumption + Next 2 months demand)/2 ) / 25.

Does the performance in Qlikview get affected to do this computation ?

Regards,

Neha

suniljain
Master
Master

you have ot bulid logic in modelling itself and stored final data in QVD and use modelled QVD in application.

So you have to calculate closing stok for plant, storage location, Material wise in backroung not during user selction.

suniljain
Master
Master

Hii Neha,

Your problem resolved or what ?.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

It has now been decided to store Material / Plant / Calmonth level Stock Value, Stock Qty, Rec Qty,Cons value for the last 2 years and the further computations is going to be done at the Qlikview side.

Could you guide as to how can I assign points here. I tried looking for options, but couldn't assign points to you.

Regards,

Neha

suniljain
Master
Master

just Mark as correct answer or useful answer.