Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar Chart with Static X Axis (Months)

I have a table of data

SalesGuyDateSales
Person A1/1/2012

Person B1/2/201232
Person C2/1/2012423
Person A3/1/2012234

etc

I have a bar chart which shows the total sales for each month, with Month(Date) as the Dimension, and Sum(Sales) as an expression. It looks good!

But I want this chart to change when i click a ListBox of my SalesGuys, so it shows the clicked persons sales. Problem is, if SalesGuy A doesnt sell anything in March, the months will redraw as JFAMJJASOND, when I want JFMAMJJASOND and 0 for March. Its not obvious that the month has been omitted.

Hoe can I fix this, to force all months to be shown?

I have tried "Show All Values" and Surpressing nulls etc with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I fixed it, perhaps it was a basic question.

I had to add Month(Date) as OffMonth to the script. Using that as my dimension, as opposed to Month (Date) works fine.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try Unchecking "Suppress Zero-Values" under Presentation tab. Thats the only other thing I can think of.

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

See attached, is this what you are looking for ?

In addition to what Sandeep recommends you also need to check "Show all values" check box for the dimension.

Best Regards,

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Unchecking "Suppress Zero-Values" in Presentation tab works perfect.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

I fixed it, perhaps it was a basic question.

I had to add Month(Date) as OffMonth to the script. Using that as my dimension, as opposed to Month (Date) works fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hello, I know this is a older post, but I have a Question.

When I try to use a average trend line in your archive, this is the result:3-19-2013 9-36-50 AM.png

Why this happens?, the total result is divided by 4 and not by 3 (January, February, March).

Is there a way that takes only the number of values ​​that really exist?.