Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV 10: Document Administrator cannot set mount-folder for distribution?!

Hello @all,

We have a QV 10 infrastructure and are trying to set up document admin rights for the different projects, so that the business unit can work with their tasks etc. and do not have access to the server configurations though the QEMC.

But we encountered (among others) one strange problem here: When a document admin sets up a task upon a QVW stored in a publisher folder where he has the document admin rights, he can select a server and mount in the "Distribute" tab. In this selection he only gets the possible values for QlikView Server folders (mounts) where also document admin rights are granted, which is a good thing!

But when the document admin saves this task (with "apply") and runs is, the QVW is published in the standard root folder of the QVS, not the selected mounted folder! When the document admin selects the task in the QEMC, he sees the correct mount folder in the "Distribute" tab, such as he had selected before. But when a server admin goes to QEMC and opens this task, the correct server is selected but the mount folder drop down box is empty!?!!

The only way to fix it now is when a server admin opens the task, go to the "Distribution" tab and select the currect mount folder. But thats really not the way it sould work. For us it is neccessary that a document admin can do his work without the need to grant server admin rights!

Any ideas?

Environment:

QVS, QVD on one server QV10 SR4,  QEMC on another server QV10 SR4, webserver with IIS centralized.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From QlikView support:

This is a known defect 43352 and the workaround is to have QV admin redo the task..., if Doc Admin makes a change you will have the same issue again and QV admin will have to redo again. The defect is marked as High.... Currently the defect has been approved and reproduced. However at this time it has not been fixed.

I guess that we can only hope that this is fixed in the next service release.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Jeffrey,

Many thanks for sharing with us. It's been a bunch of time to try to work this around. Let's see when they release fix for this issue.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

nice to hear that you are working on it. Then please take the chance and also care about the mount drop-down box not updating when another server is selected (distribute tab) and the AD-group bug for document admins (no AD groups are resolved). All that defects makes working with document admins very hard, especially because your mentioned workaround ist not suitable for a productive environment in an enterprise scale.

Greetings,

Dominik

Not applicable
Author

I'd like to know if it has been fixed yet?

Because, I try through the QMS API  to add an administrator bug.jpg

for a mount folder, which doesn't work if there isn't any user on the mount yet.

If there is a document administrator for the mount folder, I can replace it by another administrator(with SOAP, PHP), but I can't add more than 1 administrator for the mount folder through the QMS API.

I'm using SOAP, PHP with the QMS API.

Of course the work around by NTFS permissions works. Unforthunately, my company would like to avoid doing manipulation via the QMC while giving the same functionalities with a website, which would make QMS API calls to add the administrators.

Related code: http://community.qlik.com/thread/84180

Thanks.

Mike.

Added supplementary information concerning the reason of QMS usage and NTFS workaround