Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hierarchy Issue(Tree Structure)

Hi All,

I have a intersting requirement i.e. i have to display the data in Hierarchy view(Tree Structure) like

A

B         C

D   E    F  G

Here i  have attached my sample file and xl file also. I have requirement

1) If you select Austrila from list box in Hierarchy structure we dnt have data for City listboxes for both side then those listboxes should disappear (wheneevr we dnt have the data for any list box that should disapper) and suppose we dnt have data for Region either left or right side from hierarchy that list box should disappear and the arrow  has  directly point to State list box.

2) Based on a Column am dividing the whole structure into 2 parts(left, Right) but in my report am not able to get that correctly am getting same data for both sides for this am using a condition like  this""=If((Type ='Region') & (LOC ='Left'),Trim(Desc))"".

So please help me to get out of this

17 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

That expression doesn't show any error in Syntax for me.  It also returns values.

What version are you using?  I was using v10 but have testing in v9 and v11 and see no issues.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Even am using QV10

anyway i got the result by using this

=If((N_ITEM_TYP ='ACE') and (C_LOC ='ODD'),Trim(X_ITEM_VAL)) is it correct way?

Stephen i have another new issue........ is there any object other than list box to display the values on selections, because in my report i want to update that Hierarchy based on selections from list box. Am using listboxes for displaying the data but in list box am getting spaces before or after the values please see the attached screen shot for you refernce how to avoid the blank spaces? 

Regards,

Anil

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

I am not sure what other control might suit what you want to do.  Even if you Trim the values, the list box will size to whatever is correct to display the data it has in the confies of the size of the control.

I wonder if there is an easier way - maybe revisit the actual requirement (remember, the business requirement is not what should be on the screen - it is the information that they need) and think about a simpler way of displaying it?

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Please look in to this post about my issue.

http://community.qlik.com/message/185100#185100

In my hierarchy I have added one more arrow Country->State how to hide the arrow when Region is present and how to show when Region is Hide....I have attached the sample file

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

=Count({<Type ={'City'}, LOC ={'Left'}>} Desc)  can we use this same Set expression for QV10 and QV9

Because it is working for QV10 but it is not working in QV9

In QV9 once i applied this condition the list box is hidden but  that list is having data for other selections in this case am not getting that list back in my report

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I wouldn't expect to see a difference in this data from v9 to v10.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Ok thnx Stephen but I am wondering that why it is not working in v9!!!

could you please provide me the soultion/ Set expression for my  earlier post( how to show and hide third arrow) there i have attached my Test file also?

Regards,

Anil

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Anil,

I am not 100% sure what you are looking for here.  Probably you just need to extend what you have.  Just think carefully about what the logic will be for the visibility.

Regards,

Stephen