Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data reduction - Different permissions

Good afternoon to everybody,

I work in a chemistry company and I am developing a BI dashboard draft in Qlikview (personal edition).

The idea is that the key account managers (KAM), country managers, regional managers, world account managers and segment managers have the same report but just only their area of interest.

I have in my database several field with "KAM","Country","Region", "customer", "segment" among them.

I want to write a "section access" that grants me the confidentiality of the info. For make it clearer:

KAM: Only can access to their local accounts (the lines in the DB that the field "KAM" has their name on it)

Country managers: Only can access to their countries (the lines in the DB that the field "country" has the countries they manage)

Regional managers: Only can access to their regions (the lines in the DB that the field "region" has the regions they manage)

World account managers: Only can access to their local accounts and their global accounts (the lines in the DB that the field "KAM" has their name on it and the lines that customer has the name of the global account they manage)

Segment managers: Only can access to their segments (the lines in the DB that the field "segment" has the segments they manage)

I connect the Qlikview to a ODBC and I want to store the "access" table in the same server.. is this feasible?

Please, any help will be good received.

Thanks in Advance!

Alex

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

With a simplier example I will be very grateful too!

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

Hi alex

just go through example

may it helps you

thanks

rohit

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Go through the Section Access topic in the Qlikview Reference Manual document, you will find the example and explanation for you requirement.

or just go through this document

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1853

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the examples! As I have the personal edition, I can not open qvw files . Please could you paste the script code here?

Thanks a lot!!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan!

I have read the info, but I don't understand how to filter by various fields.

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Please, I need some help.

I want to reduce the data depending on who access the dashboard.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Alex,

Check some working code in this post and this post among many others. Check the documents mentioned above by Jagan as well.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I have read them, and I still dont have a solution. Sorry for the insistent, but I like qlikview and this security problem may me go in other decision.

I will reduce the problem

BrandSegmentSales
A12000
A2100
A312000
B13155
B14654
B2

C2544
C34897
C421321
C1513463

I have 7 users -> 3 Brand manager and 4 segments analysts

They should have access as the following table indicates, where the * means all.

USERBRANDSEGMENT
ADMIN**
U1A*
U2B*
U3C*
U4*1
U5*2
U6*3
U7*4

Do you understand my problem? is it feasible?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Alex,

Your script has some syntax errors. Since you are using Personal Edition I cannot attach any applications for you, but use this script instead. Notes to bear in mind:

• In section access, "*" does not mean "all" but "listed values". That means that you need at least one user with all possible values, one per line, as the ADMIN user below.
  • QlikView is case sensitive, fields in section access must have the same exact spelling in the data model than in the section access table
  • It's not mandatory but highly recommended to add an ACCESS field so you can later on set additional security settings and make sure you don't lock yourself outof the document when testing
  • Fields in section access have fixed names, ACCESS, USERID (USER is not valid)

Data:
LOAD * INLINE [
BRAND, SEGMENT, Sales
A, 1, 2000
A, 2, 100
A, 3, 12000
B, 1, 3155
B, 1, 4654
B, 2, 321321
C, 2, 544
C, 3, 4897
C, 4, 21321