Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Access point won't authenticate via a VPN on iPad

Qlikview Access point doesn't authenticate a user when accessing via 'Junos Pulse', A VPN application on iPad. We have Qlikview Server 10 SR 4 running. Any idea about it anyone ?

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Rajeev,

So you are using this VPN client to connect to your network and that works, but when you open Safari and go to the AccessPoint you are prompted but it says that credentials are incorrect? Is the user in the VPN the same as in the domain? Does AccessPoint prompts for user and password and say they are wrong or is that you are not even prompted?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Dear Baeyens

Access point prompts for authentication on Safari on iPad. Application opens perfectly when opened via Safari. When I try to open the access point page via Junos it doesn't ask for authentication at all. The network is in the domain because companies other portals open on Junos.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Rajeev,

I guess that if AccessPoint does not ask for credentials is because it is using the credentials already provided to connect to the VPN, and that those credentials are not recognized by the AccessPoint, therefore the error message.

Do you have different users for the VPN or are you using the same users than you have in your Active Directory (or your security directory)?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel

When I open access point from VPN, on the homepage upper right corner it displays 'Logged in as:....' that means you are correct; It does not identify the VPN user.

The user credentials are correct as other portals open but not access point. Also to add the same credentials work when access point is opened in the same iPad via Safari.

Can you suggest any other VPN tool on which AccessPoint works ?

Thanks & Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Rajeev,

Unfortunately, I have not used VPN on iOS to get to the AccessPoint. If authenticating twice is not a problem for your users, force the log on screen in the QEMC, System, Setup, QlikView Web Server, Authentication tab, Alternate Login page (Web Form). That will just show a very basic web form with fields for the user in the form DOMAIN\USERNAME and the password. It's less comfortable than the browser passing credentials automatically but will allow to get to the AccessPoint and keep the VPN client you are already using.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel ,

I tried to authenticate via alternate login page but it hangs up saying 'logging in...'. It dosen't go further than this.. !

I have tried every option available but no progress.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Rajeev,

Did you try that alternate login page from a desktop computer instead of the iPad? Does it fail likewise? I'm trying to see where the issue may be, server side or client side.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel

What was happening was -

I was authenticating the user via Junos VPN Client. Authentication used to be sucessfull.

After opening Junos it provided a web broswer itself (inside the application window) which would open any web pages.

We were trying to open Qlikview Access Point in this default browser provided by Junos.

But once the iPad was in the virtual private network any browser would work on iPad to open up the portals.

So we used Safari itself to open Access Point and it worked. Why to use the default browser provided by Junos.

I feel Junos could not authenticate access point for the same reason why Safari wasn't able to authenticate a user before Qlikview Server SR4. This particular bug was removed in SR4.

So it was decided to use Safari instead and the problem was resolved.

Thanks to you Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel

Yes I tried the alternate login page but it won't work on iPad. It was indicating 'loging in...' and getting hanged. Similarly in Safari browser. But not on other browsers. I tried same thing on Internet Explorer and Chrome on a desktop with alternate login page and it worked.