Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating Share

In qlick view , how can one set an expression where QV could calculate the share of a number in one dimension of the total of the dimension above it , in a pivot table .

i.e. inside the category TVs , we have brands , how can one set an expression to calculate the sales share of this brand in the total sales of the category ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe an example would help me to understand - it's still a bit unclear to me, but I still think the total qualifier should be the one here,

either try

=sum(Sales) / sum(total<Category, Branch> Sales)

or

=sum(Sales) / sum(total<Branch> Sales)

just include in the total qualifier field list all dimensions that you need to group by.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you have two dimensions, Category and Brand, and your sales field is called Sales, I think it's just

=sum( Sales) / sum(total<Category> Sales)

as expression, i.e. you just need an appropriate total qualifier with dimension list. Please check also the Help.

Then you could format the share e.g in number tab as percentage.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Yes , also , i have a y-axis value as well or a column dimension , which is Branch , and the formula above would only give me the share of the sales of one dimension over the total of the other , but it would not give me the share depending on the y-axis dimension . i should've clarified it better .

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe an example would help me to understand - it's still a bit unclear to me, but I still think the total qualifier should be the one here,

either try

=sum(Sales) / sum(total<Category, Branch> Sales)

or

=sum(Sales) / sum(total<Branch> Sales)

just include in the total qualifier field list all dimensions that you need to group by.