Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

I am getting the following error message when I try to reload a QV App with Publisher:

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

The strange thing is that Publisher is able to save the log file but not the QV application.

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Fredrik,

have you been able to fix the problem?
I'm currently stuck with the same error message. I have only QlikView Server (not the Publisher). In my case the QVW file is located on an UNC location.
If the QVW is located on a local drive the reload is working.

BR
Helmut

Not applicable
Author

Hello Helmut!   Same issue here.... Is this a bug?  We're using QV11 IR publisher, btw.

Not applicable
Author

Hi prinzartus, by us it was a problem related to the permission on the UNC share itself. The user account which runs the publisher needs FULL CONTROL on the share permission. On the NTFS Filesystem Permission maybe Read/Write is sufficient, but I would try it with FULL CONTROL on NTFS too.       Other question: Does the task run successfully if you run it on the local fielsystem?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Helmut, your answer resolved our issue.

Not applicable
Author

perfect. I'm glad i could help you!

Not applicable
Author

Hallo Helmut,

I'm also facing this problem. I use SBE (no Publisher). Reload on local drive works. Reload on UNC does not work. We tried granting FULL CONTROL to QlikView Service Account. The reload itself works fine, but saving the new document still fails. Log:

(2012-06-21 16:58:59) Information: Reloading

(2012-06-21 16:58:59) Information: The Source Document reload complete.

(2012-06-21 16:59:01) Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.

(2012-06-21 16:59:01) Error:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

(2012-06-21 16:59:01) Error:    at System.IO.File.InternalReplace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthias

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthias,
Actually I have exactly the same problem,..
Simple SBE server,.. and the service user itself can run the .qvw file local on the server,..

On the management console I get get same error,.. 
I already gave the service user "Full Controll" on the UNC,.. still the same error...

Did you solved the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the only thing I found out was, that the service user needs Full Control on the UNC. Since even that didn't work, we thougt it might be another security issue in the enterprise network and we switched our whole architecture so that the QVW-files are directly on the server itself.

If you find a better solution, please let me know. My clients IT admin would be very happy 😉

Thanks and regards

Matthias

Not applicable
Author

Sure,
I submitted a bugreport to qliktech.
I will post my solution or result if I know more about the mysterious saving problem,..