Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView AccessPoint Customisation

G'day QlikCommunity;

I've done some pretty exhaustive searching today to try and find out how to set defaults and other general customisations of the QlikView AccessPoint (v10) and really haven't found much besides a few blog entries and some unanswered discussions.

First and foremost, I would like to be able to set 'Details' as the primary view for any user who logs into the AccessPoint. Much like the below screenshot:

QV1.bmp

Vlad Gutkovsky's blog covers this issue in an indirect manner, by disabling the 'Thumbnail' view. (See: http://www.qlikvlad.com/?p=133 - and his other articles are helpful as well)

The criticism I have of this is highlighted in the following image. You will notice that, unlike the details tab, it will only display the same number of documents as it usually would if there were Thumbnails. Instead of all the documents on one page it splits them by whatever the row amount selected it (Default is 4).

QV2.bmp

Ideally, by disabling 'Thumbnails' using Vlad's fix, the option to select it should not appear.

*****************************************************************************************************

I have looked at other unanswered cases that also ask about setting default selections for the AccessPoint. I would like to have a default category, view and even rows. I have looked through the QVS documentation (Reference Manual) and there is little to no customisation available without editing the C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\QvAccessPoint.js file.

Surely I can't be the only person who has come across these issues/restrictions?

*****************************************************************************************************

Below are just two examples of similar discussions that are still unanswered;

http://community.qlik.com/message/151461#151461

http://community.qlik.com/message/159159#159159

Regards;

Kieran Boyce

14 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Kieran,

That's an interesting point. The reference manual won't provide any customization tips so some basic web dev is necessary. A lot of the settings associated with the AP are stored in AVQ, which is not editable (or at least I haven't figured out a way to do it). But these instructions should accomplish what you want:

1.Open index.htm in Notepad. Around line 17 you should see the following function:

function Start() {

CheckPlugin();

LoadHeader();

LoadFooter();

Qva.Start();

}

Replace it with this:

function Start() {

counter = 0;

CheckPlugin();

LoadHeader();

LoadFooter();

Qva.Start();

}

2.Open the file QvAccessPoint.js in Notepad. After line 125 (which should read "this.Touched = true;" ) insert the following function:

if(counter==0){

node.setAttribute("view","Details");

counter += 1;

}

Save and close the file.

This will default the view to Details but still allow users to change it to Thumbnails.

Regards,

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Vlad;

Thank you for your response. I have tried a few times now and it doesn't seem to work. It still defaults the view to Thumbnails.

I have tried clearing by Temporary Internet Files each time I tested it.

I even 'started fresh' by using backup copies of the .js and .htm files.

Does this work for you? Perhaps I am making a mistake, or perhaps it doesn't work. Just want to make sure I am not chasing a ghost.

Regards;

Kieran Boyce

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It's working for me, yes. I only tested it with v10--is that the version you're using?

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vlad,

Do you know what it takes to change the default setting for rows to 'All'.

I tried couple of things but nothing seems to be working for me.

I would appriciate if something can be worked out here.

Thanks,

Sarvesh

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Which version are you using?    

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

Qlik View version 10.

-Sarvesh

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure, sorry.

Vlad

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Hmmm I just noticed that the solution I posted above has a typo (fixed in original post now). The function should read:

if(counter==0){

node.setAttribute("view","Details");

counter += 1;

}

Still kind of messy, but probably the best I can do since we can't edit AVQ...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Vlad, very useful advice. 

A follow up to this question: is there a way to set the default plug-in based on the browser used?  For example, I want to have my users have a detail view of the documents.  We want to use IE plugin as defacto standard way, but when users open a document using Safari for example, we want Ajax to be default.  This, btw, is important because if IE is the "default" plugin in the server, then the links to the documents are not clickable when opended in another browser.

Thanks for your help!

Igor.