Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

DMS

Hi !

Currently my organization is workin on NTFS authorization, I need to manage the namedCAL user list for viewing the application,

so I thought of switching to DMS authorization so that I can authorize each application user wise.

PFA,

In QEMC

SYSTEM -> Licenses -> Qlikview Server -> QlikView Server License,

its showing  DISABLE_DMS;YES;;

So, I got stuck in the question that as the setting says DMS is disable, so can I change it to DMS by changing the setting in the

QEMC or any other way?

Regards,

Gargi

8 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

in qmec

qlikview server setting-> check dms authorization and

then

system tab

directory service connector

click on + sign

there you have one custom directory option create user and password.

after this

you have to assign each user  for each application present in the user document.

qemc->userdocument -> click on one application->authorization->add users

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is a license restriction on your license. You will need to get with your account manager to see what is required to remove this. I this this is a SBE license.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunil,

Thanx , but my query is being it's showing DISABLE_DMS;YES;;, can I do the steps you mentioned, I dont want to alter the current setting until I m very sure that I DMS is not restricted.

Regards,

Gargi

I

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Garbi,

As bbt mentioned this is a license limitation. It seems that your organization used SBE( Small Business Edition). In this server the DMS mode is disabled. So if you want to use DMS mode then you need to contact QlikView account manager for help in updating the licenses.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks bbt !

I knw I am asking a vry silly question but can you please tell is there any specific way I can check my Server Edition.

Regards,

Gargi

gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Ya by seeing the configuration in LEF I can say it is SBE, but is there any way out to check the Server Edition,

& Thanks !!!

Regards,

Gargi 

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

There is no specific way to know which server you have except information from LEF or from your account manager.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok Kaushik & thanks for the info.

Regards,

Gargi