Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide or make a button inactive after one click

Hi Friends

My name is Rahul & I am very new to Qlikview.

I have added a button with action pareto (80 % spend covering items).

It is working fine, but how can i make the  80-20 button inactive after one click?

Request you to share feedback.

Rahul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the conditional Show on layout tab to hide/show the buttons.

I created a new variable vShow and additional actions.

In fact, since you can't see the pareto button anymore, you probably won't use the first variable to deactivate the button then.

I am a bit unsure if this solves your problem, really resetting your chart, it might be necessary to add an action "Clear in field" with field Value for the reset button. I've added that.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You could create a variable, let's call it vEnable Button, in Variable Overview and set it to 1. Then create a second action External - Set Variable for your button to set the variable to 0. Use the Variable as Enable Condition of your Button.

You just need to add a method / button to reset the Variable when it is appropriate.

Please see attached.

Regards,

Stefan

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attched sample file.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl

Thanks for your feedback

I have added a reset button, which reset the vEnable back to active .

Is there any way we avoid a new button. Is it possible that on second click to 80/20 button it again become active.

Or

we can hide the 80/20 button after selectioin & make the reset button active & hide the reset after selection & make 80/20 active.

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

hi Kaushik

Thanks for your feedback.

But it now clearing all the selection, that will create problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul

Do you need sth like this?

See attachment.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Przemek

Thanks a lot for your help.

However,Is it possible on clicking Reset it goes back to 100 percent value,

Currently, After pressing the 80-20 button it takes items covering 80% of total value if we click on Reset

it takes items covering 80 % of 80%  & so on.

However i want, After pressing the 80-20 Buttion it takes items covering 80% of total value but if we click on Reset it again come back to 100%.

Rahul

Not applicable
Author

Hi Przemek

However,Is it possible on clicking Reset it goes back to 100 percent value,

Currently, After pressing the 80-20 button it takes items covering 80% of total value if we click on Reset

it takes items covering 80 % of 80%  & so on.

However i want, After pressing the 80-20 Buttion it takes items covering 80% of total value but if we click on Reset it again come back to 100%.

Rahul

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use the conditional Show on layout tab to hide/show the buttons.

I created a new variable vShow and additional actions.

In fact, since you can't see the pareto button anymore, you probably won't use the first variable to deactivate the button then.

I am a bit unsure if this solves your problem, really resetting your chart, it might be necessary to add an action "Clear in field" with field Value for the reset button. I've added that.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks All for your help

Hi Stefan

How you have added "clear in field' option in the action is not visible in my action tab?, I am using qlikview 10.

Capture.JPG