Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem in reloading files from the Reload Engine

Dear all,

I have problem reloading files from reload engine. I have a 64 Bit machine running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. My backend database server is Oracle which is a 32 Bit installation. I have both Qlikview developer and Qlikview server 32 Bit installations.

Now when I reload files individually it extracts data from the database properly. But when I try to reload the document from Reload Engine it give the following error...

2/1/2012 12:02:46 PM: 0013  ODBC CONNECT*XUserId*XPassword*

2/1/2012 12:02:47 PM:       Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM014, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

2/1/2012 12:02:47 PM:       General Script Error

2/1/2012 12:02:47 PM:       Execution Failed

2/1/2012 12:02:47 PM:      Execution finished.

Anyone any idea how to resolve this issue ?

Regards

Rajeev Sontakey

4 Replies
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible that your QVS is actually 64-bit (this would make since due to the advantages of 64-bit QVS over 32-bit QVS)? If so, then the 64-bit QVS can't 'see' the 32-bit Oracle drivers. Your 32-bit QV Developer can, however. Our system is 64-bit everything. QVS, QVP, and all drivers (like Oracle) -- all 64-bit. We had a problem with MS Access a few years back because until Office 2010 Microsoft didn't make a 64-bit driver for Access. Since our QVP/QVS was 64-bit would couldn't use the 32-bit Access driver. It was quite a pain (luckly we didn't need to use Access as a data source).

Not applicable
Author

Dear rothtd

I installed 32 Bit version of Qlikview Server so that It searches for 32 Bit Oracle drivers. Still why this architecture mismatch ?

Regards

Rajeev.S

Not applicable
Author

Are you using a USER DSN or a SYSTEM DSN from your ODBC connection? I had the exact same problem now, and when I created the SYSTEM DSN the problem was solved.

Regards,

André

Not applicable
Author

Dear andrlopes

I did as you said but it won't show the drivers list in the ODBCAD32.exe menu. I just worked around with this issue. I downloaded an ODAC from Oracle site which provided me with OLE DB drivers. I installed it and then in the Qlikview file I selected source as an OLE DB with force 32 Bit option. Then I tried to reload via Reload Engine and it worked. Maybe theres some compatibility issues with ODBC drivers on my system.

This OLE DB thing worked.

Thanks