Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

file not supported. (.ASPX) QVWebServer Logging

Hello,

I'm using QV V10 on a x64 2008 R2 server.

Ajax does not appera available on Accesspoint, even when user choicce as default view.

On my server Windows Application log is saying "file not supported. (.ASPX)

" and this issue from QVWeb server.

I cannot find what's wrong...

Any idea ???

Regards,

T. Barq

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

but what happens after you click on the document?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Thierry,

It seems that the browser cannot execute aspx code, that happened to me with some previous versions of Chrome, for example. But does that happen when you use Internet Explorer? Try reinstalling or reparing the .NET 4 extended role, to make sure it creates all Windows Registry entries and that executing aspx pages will work fine.

Apart from that, is there any proxy software or firewall the server is running, or browser settings and it may be avoiding .NET code o be executed?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

EDIT: Do you have a IIS running in your network even in a different computer? If both servers share ports and addresses, that may be causing the issue if that IIS server is not using the same exact version of .NET

Not applicable
Author

nothing, it's like when you click on a simple text on an html page. see print screen

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Thierry,

That image only shows IE Plugin as only the possible client. Just to be sure, in the QEMC, Documents, click on any document, Server Settings, AccessPoint Access Methods, AJAX zero footprint client is checked?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I repared .NET Framework 4, it changed nothing.This server is not using proxy, it has all firewall down... What stuff do i need exactly installed on a server to get Ajax working ?, does QV server & webserver is enough ?, My Win2008 R2 server has no role & just .NET 3.5 functionnality + .Net 4 installed, this is all, nothing else because i wanted it absolutely alone (QV), because of previous version slow performances 😉

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Thierry,

In regards to the software and hardware requirements, this document specifies all the process. In short, .NET 4 and a local administrator account. For a further understanding on the version 11 this post is a very good reference.

Hope that helps better.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi everybody. I was fed up with this problem & decided to shut down definitely my old QV v9 server, then transfered completely the licence... restarted QV V10 and.... Ajax Work !!!! I've now other problems i could see bedore, and working with users connected !!! i will post in other post. Thx to all for your help, even if you did not find the exact solution you helped me took this decision ! Regards, Thierry