Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hierarchy Show and Hide Issue

Hi ,

In my Report i have a hierarchy there am showing and hiding list boxes based on selections,, i have attached a sample file  from the file Country to Region i have one arrow and Region to State one arrow and Country to State another arrow from the list  box if i select Austsrila then Region list box and Respective arrows are hidding third arrow is pointing(Country-> State) this is fine 

if i select India the Country-> State arrow has to hide,, how can we implement this???

** for displaying and hiding of list boxes and arrows am using following set expression

=Count({<Type ={'Region'}, Loc ={'Right'}>} Desc) (Listbox Properties->Layout->Conditional Display)

Regards,

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

in your country to state arrow, put this condition in (Listbox Properties->Layout->Conditional Display)

if(Desc1<>'India',1,0)

so, when you select India, this arrow will itself hide.

Hope it answers your questions.

Regards,

Ashutosh

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

in your country to state arrow, put this condition in (Listbox Properties->Layout->Conditional Display)

if(Desc1<>'India',1,0)

so, when you select India, this arrow will itself hide.

Hope it answers your questions.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Thnx Ashutosh, its working fine but in suppose if i have N number of entries in that Desc1 list in that how can we use abot condition..

Regards,

Anil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

For that you can make a group of those entries for which you don't want to show that arrow and that rather then putting condition on the base of one country you can put on the base of that group.

That way you need just one condition and that will work across all the entries.

Hope it answers youe question.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

thats fine but the arrow by default it is not hidden,it should hide by default based on selections the visibility and hide thing should work. because if we use clear(Tool Bar) then the arrow is comming up  in the sheet, please see the attached file

Regards,

Anil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

For that you can just put one more check in your condition that Desc1 is not null then only show that line.

For example now your condition can be

if(Desc1='India' or IsNull(Desc1),0,1)

So, now if you don't select any Desc1 or select India then that line will not be shown.

This is just to give you an idea and this may not be the best way to achieve this.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

your expresion Its working for my example but in my  application i cant understand how to apply the same codition there here my attaching the file and am giving  a example so please look into this.

In my file from the list box select this value ''aceoddu-ebmx-bvi330'' then from architecture only one ACE is visible remaining list boxes are hidden from the same you can see 2 arrow i want hide that small arrow also.

Now clear selections this time arrow between Domain to ACE should hide. Same for another value

''acesdcu-ebmx-bvi330''.

Regards,

Anil

Not applicable
Author

Dear Anil,

Please find the attached application.

In the attached application, I have made group of your items, I don't know how correct that will be in your scenario but

still it should give you an idea and will help you.

Always try to keep numeric conditions in the calculation conditions/show condition and they should not be too complex otherwise they can make your application quite slow.

See the application and try to understand the logic, if you still need help then get back to me.

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, please find the attachment here.