Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Deactivate "Export to Excel" for end users

Hi all,

I am trying to find a way, how to deactive the "Export to Excel" function for end users, but still allowing them to export the objects to Clipboard.

In the document properties under security I could only find "allow export", but if I deselct this one, also the export to Clipboard is deactivated.

Thanks for your help on this!

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

ASchempp,

There are 2 additional options on the caption properties in addition to send data to excel. You can copy data or copy image to clipboard. The first option should allow copying the data to the clipboard without allowing them to dump it to to a spreadsheet.

Kal

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kal,

thanks a lot, but this still does not give me what I need.

I know I can only include the "copy to clipboard" button into the object caption, however, if I do not deactivate the "copy" function in the document properties, the user could still, by right mouse click access the "export to excel" function.

Vice versa, if I deactivate the "copy" function at document level, also the "copy to clipboard" button will disappear from the object caption.

This tells me that there is obviously no way to decouple the clipboard and excel function....

Adi

Not applicable
Author

sorry...

Not applicable
Author

hi ASchempp,

you can do that in QlikView Management Console. Go to tab "Documents" and choose you documents, in your right go to tab "Server" and choose to section "Availability" and unthick "Print and Export to Excel, you can also choose for which user group in here.

hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dwi,

Can you explain in detail? ... if I go to the EMC, Documents, I can't fin the tab "Server" but just "Server Settings" and "Server Objects". None of these 2 tabs has a section called "Availability".

Thanks

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

In the Qlikview Document Go to Settings-Document Properties- Security-Allow Export. Uncheck this option. It will deactivate the Export to excel for all the objects. if you want to deactivate the export to excel for a specific object then Right Click and go to caption and Uncheck the Send to Excel.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, but I understood from Dwi, that the "export" feature could be limited by user in the  in the QlikView Server through the EMC

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I couldnt find any setting in QV 10 SR4?. Are you looking at user level restriction for one user it has to be enabled and other user it has to be disabled?

Which version you are using? . Are you using the Enterprise edition or the SBE?

It will be helpful if Dwi could attach the screen shot

Not applicable
Author

I am using the QV Server build 10.0.9282.8

Yes, I'm looking for a simple way to define whcih users will be allowed to export data when they browse the QV files in the server with a browser.