Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Step by step of how to Google Geocode my addresses?

To my fellow Qlikview users!

Hello I'm a noob and this is my first post, hope your all doing well. Although QV is amazing I'm having problems as I'm a biochemist which doesn't make this fall under my remit and I'm faced with constant hurdles   But I believe I've done quite well. I've loaded data from Excel to form relations, got some list boxes etc... And managed to get Google maps on my dashboard but that’s where the problems arise.

I've scoured the community and there seems to be nothing about how I get logitutde and lattitude using 'Geocode?'  Posts I've seen show others using Google geocode but their attachments and comments just show the end results with no method included. I've got a hutch that I have to copy some txt from the Google geocode website, add to my script, reload and somehow it just happens?  Help please!

Also if anyone could also tell me why only one slider works as I can only zoom in out, and stuck looking at Germany, that would be grand.

Thanks In advance to any comments.

Best, Jake  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jake

I built few month a geocode tools inside QlikView using Google Maps Geocode Api.

Please look at the attachment;

You need a little effort to adapt to your address before to call the API.

You have also in the share section a good example

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1124

notice that google maps is not very accurate and you are limited in the number of address.

Hope that help

Regards

JJ

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jake

I built few month a geocode tools inside QlikView using Google Maps Geocode Api.

Please look at the attachment;

You need a little effort to adapt to your address before to call the API.

You have also in the share section a good example

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1124

notice that google maps is not very accurate and you are limited in the number of address.

Hope that help

Regards

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks Jean-Jacques it's a start in the right direction.

Best,

Jake

Not applicable
Author

thanks..it was great

alan_richmond
Creator
Creator

Thats great Jean-Jaques

Do you have a version that uses the latest google API?

Regards,

Alan