Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple Series in Line Chart

Hi,

I appreciate all I have learned using the QlikView Community.  I hope someone can help - my question may have a simple answer and I am just missing it - I have searched the Community and have not found a solution - we currently use QlikView 9 SR4.

I am trying to create a line graph with 2 (or more) expressions.  The expressions are at week level; however, we want the dimensional axis to display the quarter level.    The sample data is in the table below and I am including a sample graph created in excel - I can't seem to make this work in QlikView:

q1q2q3q4
CW1CW2CW3CW4CW5CW6CW7CW8CW9CW10CW11CW12CW13CW14CW15
BOM2019.819.619.419.21918.818.618.418.21817.817.617.417.2
TARGET2525252522222222

sample chart.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks!

8 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach the sample file.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you - I have attached the sample file (from excel):

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please check the attachment.  Is it ok for you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jagan.  The chart you attached displays the week level on the x axis and I was looking to display the quarter level...the sample chart that I provided has the data points at the week level; however, it displays the x axis at using the quarter level labels - this is what I am trying to achieve in QlikView.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In the chart try removing the week in dimension and check whether it is ok for you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jagan.  If I remove the week dimension then the data is displayed at the quarter level (and the weekly amounts are summed to the quarter).  I am not sure how to show the data points at the week level and show the x axis label using the quarter level - similar to the sample graph I provided?  Is there a way?  maybe I somehow have to use a calculated dimension or some formatting of the label based on a calculation?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jagan.  If I remove the week dimension then the data is displayed at the quarter level (and the weekly amounts are summed to the quarter).  I am not sure how to show the data points at the week level and show the x axis label using the quarter level - similar to the sample graph I provided?  Is there a way?  maybe I somehow have to use a calculated dimension or some formatting of the label based on a calculation?

Thanks!

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Tried a lot, but I didn't got that.

Regards,

Jagan.