Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loop and Lock and Reduce Task

I have a need to have publisher loop through 2 field values to find a group of students. Once that group of students is found, I need it to select those values, then drop the other two values.

For example, I want to find all my Title I kids in My school at any time and see their progression into the next grades.

If I select all Title I kids and my school, the reduction task will only show me my title I kids. Those kids were not always at my school, nor did they have a title I status. I want to see how they progressed after they left the Title I program to determine the efficiency of my program.

Any help is appreciated.

Larry [:|]
Colorado

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I hope I understand this correctly. Here's my idea based on the description.

Add two tables that both link to a student ID field on the student dimension table, not the fact table. One is whether the student ever had Title I status. The other is all the schools that a student ever attended.

Now when you choose your school and a Title I status of TRUE, you will see all students that ever had title I status that ever went to your school.

There are a couple modifications I can imagine depending on the specific question to be answered.