Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Server 9.0 Security Set Up using SSL (Not Using IIS)

Running QlikView server 9.0 64-bit on Windows 2003 Server and everything is up and running. However, now we need to coinfgure SSL. Since we did not install the IIS web server and are only using the QlikView web server, we would like to use the Security Set-Up Instructions outlined in QlikView Refernce manual section 16.1 (page 167 - 168) to set up SSL on the QlikView web server.

Has anyone successfully used these instructions to set up SSL on the QlikView web server? If so, were there any issues?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

did you succed?

We are trying the same.

Thanks,bye.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I've been researching the same issue. We are trying to set up SSL using a self-signed certificate on a windows 2003 server. First problem we are having is what type of certificate do we create. You need to specify if it is for Apache or IIS or another common web server. It doesn't list QlikView web server as an option. So we're not sure what type to create. Once we have the certificate I'm hoping to use the QlikView ref manual instructions in sections 16.1 to complete the setup. If anyone has done this, how did you create the cert and did the instructions in the ref manual give you enough to complete the setup to get it working?

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

I'm stuck in the same boat...."what type of certificate do we create" - where can I find the answer to this?

Not applicable
Author

HI,

I'm facing with the same any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

In a nutshell, I was able to get this to work.  But for clarification, I am on QV 11.0 and Windows Server 2003.

I downloaded and installed https://www.digicert.com/util/DigiCertUtil.exe.  This created the CSR that I sent to my web administrator.  He created a *.crt file.  The DigitCert Utility imported that file and provided me with the Thumbprint hash that I needed.

Then I downloaded and installed the GuidGen.exe utility that I needed to obtain the GUID.

After that, I used the httpcfg command, inserting the Thumbprint hash and GUID from the two steps above.

After the httpcfg provided the registration information back to me, I needed to update QV config files.  There were four files that needed to be changed (make backup copies first!):

..\QlikView\Directory Service Connector\QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe.config

..\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config

..\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config

..\QlikView\Server\Web Server\QVWebServer.exe.config

Then open QMC, checked the box for "Use HTTPS" and set the port to 443, and it works.

Hope this helps!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

mrssmith,

You really didn't need to change all the configuration files. This makes the communication between the QVS Management service SSL. After you installed the Cert all you had to do was the last steps.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

OK, thanks for the correction!  It didn't seem to work until I had made all those changes, but maybe I was just a little too impatient or something.

Now, my QMC doesn't want to display though, so I'm working on that now.  I changed the config file back but it still won't come up.