Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Reload problem

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to do partial reload in script i have nearly 15 database tables in my datamodel if i change any table i have to reload the total script every time  its taking quit sime time but i want to referesh only one table  and where we can find the reload option from script..........how to do this..

Regards,

Anil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

please search QV Help for ADD or REPLACE.

Put one of these functios in front of a LOAD or SQL Select statement and use "Partial Reload":

Main Manue => File => Partial Reload

Now only tables will be loaded with an ADD or REPLACE in front of a LOAD or SELECT statement.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Rainer

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I think there is no option to load only one table in script. 

But you can check the data by loading limited number of records.

In Script window click the Debug option

and Check Limit Load option and give number of records (10/100/1000 as you wish).

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil,

please search QV Help for ADD or REPLACE.

Put one of these functios in front of a LOAD or SQL Select statement and use "Partial Reload":

Main Manue => File => Partial Reload

Now only tables will be loaded with an ADD or REPLACE in front of a LOAD or SELECT statement.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

You can detect if a partial reload is in progress in the script using IsPartialreload().

For example I use section access to control access to the document and when I want to update it I really dont want to have to reload the data as well.

I achieve this using REPLACE and ADD (note that I also have a hard-coded back door in case of a problem with the access control spreadsheet!):

SECTION Access;

[Access Control]:
// The access control spreadsheet is secured and is easier to maintain than an inline table.
// Note that * in other than system fields has no real meaning as 'all'.
REPLACE LOAD SERIAL,
NTNAME,
NTDOMAINSID,
USERID,
PASSWORD,
ACCESS
FROM $(vRelPath)Access.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is [$(vDocumentName)$]);

// Ensure Administrator access is always possible in case of a problem with the access control spreadsheet
ADD LOAD * INLINE [
SERIAL, NTNAME, NTDOMAINSID, USERID, PASSWORD, ACCESS
*, *, *, XXXXX, XXXXXXXX, ADMIN
];

SECTION Application;

EXIT SCRIPT WHEN IsPartialReload();

// Position any SET/LET of variables here that should not be reset by partial reload

Regards,

Gordon

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rainer and jagan thnx for your ideas now i got some idea on Partial reload...

Regards,

Anil

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Jagan/Anil,

I know this is old thread but we can still load only one table by using the "Add" prefix and followed by "Exit Script" keyword. If you add this script at the beginning of your document script then you can load only one table while not touching the rest of the tables. Ofcourse, you need to run Partial Reload instead of normal/full reload. I would recommend using "Only" qualifier to make sure this piece of script is disregarded during normal reload.

I hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

Cheers - DV

www.QlikShare.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, I try to update the Section Access whit partial reload. The command "replace" doesn't work.

It works perfectly if script runs normally. We use QV 11.

Section Access;

Replace LOAD
UPPER(ACCESS) as ACCESS,
UPPER(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
TEXT("FIELD") as FIELD;
SQL SELECT *
FROM ODBC.dbo."RIGHTS";

Section Application;

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

same problem here. I only get weird errors.

Anyone know a answer to this problem?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Don't think you can use Partial Reload in the Section Access Script. I might be wrong but I'm guessing this... I don't see any documentation but you can't use Partial Reload between Section Access and Section Application. Instead why don't have you a QVD builder which generates the Section Access script and you can use partial reload in the QVD builder which does the job.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I get a replay from QlikView consulting. It is not possible to load Section Access partiell. We make it in two steps now: first step - load data mart to qvw and second step: import data mart with binary command and in addition load secction access part to second qvw file.