Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - Expressions and Dimensions

Hi

I have the following QV10 set analysis expression :

=sum( {$< [Reporting Code 1] = {CSE},

[Fiscal Year] = {"<=$(=max([Fiscal Year]))"} > } [Amount]) 

The single dimension of the chart is also [Fiscal Year].

Unfortunately when I use this expression, and select 2010, all of the years of the above set are displayed in the chart. I would like to select 2010 and see the sum of the amount for all years up to and including the selected year. As a stand alone expression this works fine.

When I use it in the [Fiscal Year] dimensioned chart I now see 3 columns - for 2008, 2009 and 2010. For some reason the presence of the 3 years in the modified set is becoming visible in the chart even although only one year has been selected.

Any help with this would be mcuh appreciated.

Regards

Andrew.

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Your expression displays all the years less than and equal to the Maximum Year

=sum( {$< [Reporting Code 1] = {CSE},

[Fiscal Year] = {"<=$(=max([Fiscal Year]))"} > } [Amount]) 

Suppose you have 2008, 2009 and 2010 Years in the list box.  Now your expression displays all the three years because max year is 2010 so 2008, 2009 and 2010 are displayed.

Suppose you select 2009 then your expression displays 2008 and 2009.

If you select 2010, now the max year is 2010 and displays all the years less than 2010.  It won't display 2010 alone.  Your expression explicitly telling that display all years less than 2010.

I think you understand my explanation.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

I have a similar problem.

What expression would we need to dispay just the one column (eg 2010), but have the calculation accumulate the Amount from every year up and including 2010?

ie. The result should equal 2008 + 2009 + 2010

Regards,

Michael

muniyandi
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Use Variable .Max(Year) &  expressions is SUM({<GYEAR={"<=$(=MAX([GYEAR]))"}>} SALES).

Pls refer my attachment file.

Regards,

Muni

Not applicable
Author

Actually, I did not explain my problem very well because it was complicated by other dimensions.

I am actually accumulating values across months in a pivot table.  Sometimes multiple months will be visible, but the accumulation must still work.  It looks like the image I have attached.

Cumulative pivot.jpg

Your example no longer works if 2009 and 2010 are both displayed, because it will only display the value for each year.

I have solved my problem by calculating an accumulation column in the script as per this post: http://community.qlik.com/thread/50551

Thanks for your help.

Michael