Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drilldown : show latest seven entries

Is there a way to always show the latest seven hours/days/weeks/months/quartes in a qlikview drilldown bar chart?

This would be awesome!

Cheers,

Jonas

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The easy way is to limit max visible number of dimension values to seven.  The dimension should be sort sorted descending.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would use a master calendar table in the script, in which I would define a flag for this, e.g.

if(Today() - Date <= 7, True(), False()) as IsInLastWeek

Then I could use this flag in a field to click on, or in an expression with Set analysis that would reduce the records to exactly the ones you want to see.

Not applicable
Author

Could you not right click on the graph, > Presentation > Dimension limitations > Max visible number = 7.

You will need to ensure the dimension is sorted in descending order.

Not applicable
Author

Sounds good, I was looking into this before, but what if a year only has 4 quarters, but I need to show seven of  them?

Best,

Jonas

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A few examples how it can be done in list boxes or calculated dimensions using set analysis.

Year:
=aggr(only({<Date={"$(=('<=' & today() & '>=' & addmonths(today(),-84)))"}>} Year),Date)

Quarter:
=aggr(only({<Date={"$(=('<=' & today() & '>=' & addmonths(today(),-21)))"}>} Quarter),Date)

Month:
=aggr(only({<Date={"$(=('<=' & today() & '>=' & addmonths(today(),-7)))"}>} MonthYr),Date)

Date:
=aggr(only({<Date={"$(=('<=' & today() & '>=' & date(today()-7)))"}>} Date),Date)

You can figure out the rest, and cleanup if needed, I hope...

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Max visible number in presentation tab has been removed in QV11.

How can it be achieved in QV11? There is no option to show Latest, only First.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is even easier in QV11 - see there a new tab in chart properties for this purpose.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I'm aware of the dimension limits tab but the options don't allow us to achieve the same result as qv10 max visible number.

The restriction is based on expression, not dimension. How do I choose the latest 6 months?

Thanks..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, this is exactly what I answered in the response here on Feb15, at 1.03 PM.  Just replace 7 with 6:

Month:

=aggr(only({<Date={"$(=('<=' & today() & '>=' & addmonths(today(),-6)))"}>} MonthYr),Date)