Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Background color of Pivot Table Labels

I have a formula embedded in my Expression "Background" color option of a pivot table.   Hence the data cell bg colors change corresponding to the value.  Hence the column label bg color changes to the first color displayed in the column.

Can I change/override the bg column label color?  I have tried the "View", "Design", "cell format"... but that is not working.  Please advise.

36 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Kaushik,

Awesome and clear guide. Many thanks for your prompt response.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Not applicable
Author

Wow Kaushik,

First of all i would like to say thanks to you for the post. once again u have proved your experience in Qlikview. once again thanks to you for the information which u have provided in the post. really worthful, helpful information.

Warm Regards,

Arun Prasadh.N.

Not applicable
Author

Hey folks,

I have updated Kaushik Solanki's attachment by adding a background color pattern to the expression.... NOW try and change the background color of the either of the expression column labels? 

I understood and agreed with Sebablum's response (directly below)... but I was hoping we all could still find a solution

"The background colour of the header will always be the like the background colour of the first sorted cell in the same column. As far as I know, this can not be changed. I've faced the same problem in several applications, but did not find a solution.

Regards,

sebablum"

I appreciate all of your feedback, you are a wealth of information.

Stephanie

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephaine,

Thanks for the useful post n worthful attachment.

Regards,

Arun Prasadh.N.

Not applicable
Author

was anyone able to figure this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wondering the same as slind0503 before me: anyone able to figure this out? I got a beautiful table, but the headers just won't match the columns color...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You can change the header color manually in the pivot table

In Pivot table

Properties --> Caption Tab ---> InActive Caption / Active Caption ----> change the background color and Text

color as you want like for your column color

Regards

Ashok

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Ashok,

sadly, that doesn't work:

Image.png

As you can see, it only changes the Caption Label, not the Headers (Unique Nr., Customer, BU, etc. etc.)

I want the Header for Gr. Sales Month 1 to be Yellow like the first cell below the Header, and the Header for NSP Month 1 to be Grey like the first cell below the Header.

Thanks for trying to help so fast already .

Kind regards,

Stefan

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Attached is a partial solution to this longstanding Qlikview quirk. Basically I'm using Visual Cues to highlight values in the data; this isn't as flexible as controlling the Background Color / Text Color but crucially it doesn't interfere with the Header colour. As we're looking at a Pivot the Visual Cues spread across all columns but in this example the user only wanted the Totals to be highlighted so I'm using a Text Color expression to set the colour to black thus over-riding the Visual Cue and making it look as needed.

If your assignment of colour is complex then this solution won't work as you're contrained by the inflexibility of the Visual Cues process, however; if your data suits then this solution can be useful.

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Qlikview Design Blog: http://QVDesign.wordpress.com

Not applicable
Author

nope