Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Shared Server Objects

What is the shared Server Objects? How to create this shared objects? How do we share an object?

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

a. These are objects created on the QlikView Server. These objects can be created by any user connected to an Enterprise Edition server. These objects are stored on the QV Server in seperate files that are managed by the QV Server.They are NOT stored in the .qvw file.

b. Create a shared object by opening a document on the server. Then create it like you would working localy. (different for ZFC in QVS 9)

c. Press F2 when working on the server. Then right click on the object you want to share. (extended functionality in QVS 9 versus QVS 8.5)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please clarify the following queries

1. Why the option "shared objects" from the Layout menu is disabled in the enterprise even after the option Allow Server Objects" option is enabled in the 8.5 enterprise?

2. When Iam seeing an empty dialog box in the Shared objects box when selecting the Shared objects box menu in the IE plugin?

3. Would this dialog box displays all the sheet objects created so far in the report?

4. Where does the shared server objects reside? What is the difference between the shared server objects and normal sheet objects?

5. What is the advantages of creating shared objects?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. Check under your Document Properties on the tab "Server" that "Allow Server Objects" is checked.

2. It could be that there aren't any server objects created yet. (only server objects will be shown)

3. Only the server objects

4. In a seperate file on the QV Server. Not in the .qvw file itself.

5. The advantage is that the "Professional" user doesn't need to manage (downloading, uploading, ... to the QV Server) QVW files.

The disadvantage is that lay-out changes arent stored in the qvw itself.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please guide me on how to create one Shared Server objects? One of the user says that even after he created an object and made it shared, he is not able to see in the shared objects list. why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Which version of QVServer are you using?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

How to create an object and make it shared? Where to check whether it is created? One of the user says that even after he created an object and made it shared, he is not able to see in the shared objects list. why?

Please help me as Iam new to this

Not applicable
Author

Iam using QlikView 8.5 Enterprise and Server 8.5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It should work like I explained previously. I can't help you any further with this. Perhaps you should contact QlikTech support.

Or has anyone had the same problem before... ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

One of the user is getting "Communication link failure" when opening the server objects dialog box. Why this error message is occuring?

What needs to be done?