Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Toolbox doesn't show the QlikView Area/Objects

Hello,

i am using extensions for the first time. So i installed Visual Studio and QlikView Workbench. But after chossing"QlikView Extension" for creating WebSites my Toolbox shows many Objects but the area/objects of QlikView aren't be shown. Can anyone please help me?Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Christian, i installed Microsoft Visual Webdeveloper Express 2010 and add the QlikViewWorkBench.dll (QlikView/WorkBench/Controls/QlikView). Now i can use the QvObject.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Amiga, happened to me the same, I had installed Qlikview Workbench SR4 whit Visual Studio 2008 but, I had to change Visual Studio 2008 to 2010 and guala!, not problem, sorry for my English, saludos y mucha suerte desde Chile!

Not applicable
Author

Hello Christian, i installed Microsoft Visual Webdeveloper Express 2010 and add the QlikViewWorkBench.dll (QlikView/WorkBench/Controls/QlikView). Now i can use the QvObject.

Not applicable
Author

How to intalll Dll?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian, there is a readme.txt in the folder

:Add QlikView Control to the toolbox
(Only needed if you are using Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express Edition, otherwise this is done when you install the product)
===================================
1. Start Visual Web Developer Express
2. Create a new ASP.NET Web Application or open an existing project
3. Right click in the toolbox (normally in a tab to the left) and select "Add Tab"
4. Name the tab "QlikView"
5. Right click in the space below the added QlikView tab and select "Choose Items..."
6. After a while the "Choose Toolbox Items" dialogue opens. Click on the "Browse..." button
7. Navigate to the file "QlikViewWorkBench.dll" (normally installed to "C:\Program Files\QlikView\WorkBench\Controls\QlikView") and click on the "Open" button
8. Click "OK" in the "Choose Toolbox Items" dialogue
9. The "QlikView" tab should now contain a "QvObject" control. If not make sure you have an aspx page selected in your solution

Remove QlikView Control from the toolbox
(Only needed if you are using Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express Edition, otherwise this is done when you uninstall the product)
===================================
1. Start Visual Web Developer Express
2. Create a new ASP.NET Web Application or open an existing project
3. Make sure you have an aspx page selected
4. Right click on the "QlikView" tab in the toolbox and select "Delete Tab"
5. Click "OK" in the confirmation dialogue to remove the QlikView tab along with its controls

Not applicable
Author

Thanks