cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inputbox > choose items from field and put it in a variable

Hi,

I have a field [sales country name] and I want to do the following :

I'd like to have an input box with as constraint a predefined list of my [sales country name] field. Afterwards I want to use 2 of those input boxes to be able to compare salesdata of the chosen countries in specific charts.

I tried the following but it doesn't do the trick :

Capture.JPG

thanks for helping this newbie out!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

If you click on drop down it will show the list of values.

Then if you need to display data without any selection in that drop down means..Use =MinString([Sales Country Name]) expression in value expression box which is under the settings for selected variable.

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think there is a comma missing just before ',' in your concat, separating the two parameter in the function.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Try with this expression

=Concat(Total Distinct [Sales Country Name],',')

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

thanks, I didn't realise that there needed to be a comma in between, my mistake

it still doesn't work, when I open the dropdown I see a white block but with no data in. It seems like he wants to show something but he doesn't find any data, even though there are plenty of countries in:

Capture2.JPG

Could I do possibly something else wrong as well, as in my settings for example? Or is the formula method to show things up not correct?

Thanks appreciate the prompt help, thumbs up

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think it should work. Have you tried copying the concat(...) expression into a textbox and check if your countries are listed appropriately?

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

If you click on drop down it will show the list of values.

Then if you need to display data without any selection in that drop down means..Use =MinString([Sales Country Name]) expression in value expression box which is under the settings for selected variable.

Hope it helps

Celambarasan