Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ajax mode

Hi,

can somebody explain step by step how to publish a document in ajax mode ?

I'm trying in every way but unsuccessfully...can you help me ?

Thanks a lot

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Consider upgrading to QVS V9. In V9, the generation of documents to ZFC (Ajax) is done on the fly. You don't have to do anything to get them published!

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Ok.

But if I have to do it with 85. release ? How can I do ?

Thx

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Well if you are using IIS, what I do is, create a virtual directory (i.e. AJAX)which houses the ajax files, point it to the physical path you will be placing the ajax doc folders.

Then in qv.exe go to Tools >Object Client Page Generator.

For target folders for pages place your AJAX virtual directory folder path here.

For the Document URL place the qvp://<servername>/<filename.qvw> here. Then click finish.

Your pages are now created and on your server and can be reached by going to http://<servername>/AJAX/<yourfilenameajaxfolder>/default.htm . This is as summerized as I can get 🙂 !

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've tried like you have suggested to me but it doesn't work.
I receive a javascript error and the page is empty, with some "tab control" on the right top corner.

Why I get this error ?
How can I get ajax works ?

Thanks a lot.

Not applicable
Author

The javascript error appers only with IE, while with Firefox there's no error but the page is still empty 😞

What can I do ?

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

what does your page source say?

You can private message it to me if you want. I think it is not seeing the qv doc, but i can't be sure without seeing your source.

/Karl