Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin - Direct access to report without server window?

Hi There

We want to distribute access to a single report to IE Active X plugin users. Currently they use plugin_showdocument.htm and navigate to the report in the Server window that pops up.

Is there a way I can create a web page that will point directly to the report without the need to navigate the server file structure?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, that's not required. Everything sent as parameters (document=something) to opendoc.htm will be transformed into a qvp-link, so the IIS is not involved trying to find the document.

You could try accessing the file directly using qvp:

qvp://server/folder/qvdoc.qvw

I can use both qvp://server/folder\qvdoc.qvw and qvp://server/folder/qvdoc.qvw

If the above works, I guess it could be browser-related when passing the parameters to opendoc.htm. I'm currently running IE8 and I know there are differences between IE:s way of sanitizing URL:s from invalid characters.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sure,

You can use a link like http://server/qvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=mydoc.qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I've looked on the server and cannot find a webpage called opendoc?

Not applicable
Author

My mistake the opendoc.htm is there, one last problem though, the report is in a subfolder but when I try:

http://server/qvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=myfolder/mydoc.qvw.

this doesn't work, can you help?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Yes no joy. Do I need to point IIS at the subfolder?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, that's not required. Everything sent as parameters (document=something) to opendoc.htm will be transformed into a qvp-link, so the IIS is not involved trying to find the document.

If the above works, I guess it could be browser-related when passing the parameters to opendoc.htm. I'm currently running IE8 and I know there are differences between IE:s way of sanitizing URL:s from invalid characters.

Not applicable
Author

You might want to try and use the Name that you gave the folder when you mount it on QVS. For example:

If your c:\documents\ folder is mounted on QVS with a name "userdoc", then try

document =userdoc/document_name.qvw

Not applicable
Author

That was it, my work run's old version of IE. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bjorn Wedbratt wrote:
<div></div>

Bjorn,

How can I do something similar to that (a direct url link) for AJAX client? I Also would like to send username and password as parameters.

I'm with QV9 SR4.

Thanks a lot,

Leandra