Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Last 12 values dimension limits

Hi, does anyone know how to get Dimension Limits to show the last 12 values in a chart rather than the first 12. I've tried -12, which gives af nonsense result.

In QV 10 it was possible using the Max Visible Number function under presentation. But In QV11 it does not seem to work.

18 Replies
Not applicable

Hi

yes we can do this by using max visible value in qv 10.

I dont know about qv11.

But you can do that using rank function.

try by rank()

may be it will help you.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Did you checked with the dimension limits tab of the chart properties?Under show only drop down-->First,Largest,Smallest options

Celambarasan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In QV 11 you can do this by using the settings in Chart Properties -> Dimension Limits tab.  Using First, Largest, Smallest options you can configure as you wish.  Also instead of fixed number you can also suggest the percentage, this is available in Qlikview 11.

Regards,

Jagan

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

That is the exact issue, I can only select First, Largest and Smallest. I need something like Last.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Can you tel me the expression of yours?You need to done it with Expression itself like

Sum({<Customer={"=Rank(-Sum(Sales))<11"}>})

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

I know I could do that. But that would not work since its a rolling 12 months aggr, summing the first 12 values to the value of first value.

The expression is similar to this but a bit more complex:

rangesum(above(

Sum({$<KPI={"Quality_Plans"},[Rec Type Name]={"Actual"},[Date (FK)]={">=$(=Floor(MonthStart(Max([Date (FK)]),-24))) <=$(=Floor(MonthStart(Max([Date (FK)]),0)))"},[Calender MonthName]= ,[Calender Year]=>} Quantity)

,0,12))

/

rangesum(above(

Sum({$<KPI={"Quality_Plans"},[Rec Type Name]={"Target"},[Date (FK)]={">=$(=Floor(MonthStart(Max([Date (FK)]),-24))) <=$(=Floor(MonthStart(Max([Date (FK)]),0)))"},[Calender MonthName]= ,[Calender Year]=>} Quantity)

,0,12))

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Bump, anyone an idea?

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

sort dimension in reverse order  using sort  and

the in presentation

max visible  no 12

hope this help

Sunil Chauhan
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Close, but then the timeline goes from right to left, needs to left to right..