Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Background color of Pivot Table Labels

I have a formula embedded in my Expression "Background" color option of a pivot table.   Hence the data cell bg colors change corresponding to the value.  Hence the column label bg color changes to the first color displayed in the column.

Can I change/override the bg column label color?  I have tried the "View", "Design", "cell format"... but that is not working.  Please advise.

36 Replies
Not applicable
Author

as long as we can change the headers background color, that would be ok

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

i have attached sample qv file . I hope this file surly will help you to solve your problem.

Regards

Ashok

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Ashok,

thanks again for you help, I found my mistake. I was using a Straight Table instead of a Pivot Table .

Now that I have changed it to a Pivot, it's working .

Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hey folks,

thank you so much for all of your ideas, unfortunately I still am unable to change the column label background color.  It is sooooo frustrating... the Expression bgcolor is such a wonderfull eye appeal to differentiating data quickly, but the customer is not at all amused that the column label changes based on the 1st color that results from the Expression bgcolor.   Could we please ad this to the list of items to be addressed/fixed by QlikTech per my customer and my request.  Thanks again for all of your help.  How can I track this to know when it is fixed?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

In this case, Stephanie need to change the label background colour for that particular dimension. in custom format cell tab we have don't have an option of apply changes to that particular dimension, we have apply changes to all dimension option. is there any other method or possibilities to apply the changes to that particular dimension. we need your help in this case, it ll be useful for everyone.

Regards,

Arun Prasadh.N.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arun

Hope the attached qv file will have some alternative solution for your problem

Regards

Ashok

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Hope this file will be helpful for you to change the lable background color in the table

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think I have another solution if you need to code the colour value in Expression rather than use 'Visual Cues' as long as you are OK with having a Total row at the top.

Using Stephanie's original example remove the default colour value at the end of the If statement in the Background color definition and then select 'Show Partial Sums' in the Presentation tab.

As long as more than one cutomer is selected the colour chosen for the Header cell using Custom Formt Cell appears to remains in tact. Unfortunately the header cell takes on the colour of the row if only one customer is selected but this solution may work for some of your applications.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Not perfect but if you switch from straight table to pivot table it might do what you want?

Cheers,

Emma

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

""Instead of setting the background color using BackGround expression, try using the Visual Clues tab in chart properties. ""

very good, that works in my pivot table for all keyfigures, but not for dimensions. the dimension column is colored, until there is a line, where I do not have a value in the first keyfigure-column. this cell then keeps white.

thanks

Bernd