Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best method to reverse a collection of qvd's to write back into a database

Im new to QV and have recently joined a company implementing it. I am Busy reading the docs, Blogs and ref manuals.

The company has a collection of QVD files as a "Warehouse " where the original data has been purged from the transactional systems.

whats the best way to rebuild the Database(s) from the QVD's (ie to populate a true warehouse)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm assuming you want the data for non QV use. Otherwise just keep the data in QVDs.

Does your DBMS have a utility that can load data from a CSV file (or write your own program)? If so, you can put the data into table boxes and export to a CSV file and load the DB from there. If every row does not have a unique key, generate one with rowno() when you load the QVD. Some row unique value is required in the table box to prevent QV from folding like values into a single row.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Answer is not that simple. Analyse the requirements, map and create QVW applications by loadiing data from the related QVDs inot QV tables and load the application. See the scripts of some SiB applications for better understanding.

-Arun

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm assuming you want the data for non QV use. Otherwise just keep the data in QVDs.

Does your DBMS have a utility that can load data from a CSV file (or write your own program)? If so, you can put the data into table boxes and export to a CSV file and load the DB from there. If every row does not have a unique key, generate one with rowno() when you load the QVD. Some row unique value is required in the table box to prevent QV from folding like values into a single row.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

cheers rob, ill go for that