Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

iPhone client on QlikView Server 9 SR1

We upgraded our server to SR1, I also updated my iPhone client to 2.01. Before everything worked fine but when I currently connect to our QlikView Server using the iPhone client the following Error pops up:

Error: No authorized documents found.

Does anybody have the iPhone client working? using the same versions (SR1 and 2.01)? I'm not sure if this problem is caused by the new Iphone client or the new QlikView Server release. Does anybody have any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Kind regards,

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello Julian,

I contacted the QlikTech support department and they described the following solution:

having searched the archive the most probable reason for this is related to configuration of the QVS in combination of IIS. If you want the users to authenticate (to use User CALs), proceed as below:
set QVS to prohibit anonymous for NTFS security
if using QV Webserver, uncheck the "Always anonymous" option
grant the account "IQVS_machinename" access to the folders/files

For me unchecking the prohibit anonymous option did the trick. Hope this helps, good luck!

Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anyone? Should I open a support case for this problem?

Not applicable
Author

I have a similar issue with this - we are testing on V9 and since upgrading to SR1 and the 2.xx iPhone client I get a 'can find host' error.

Not applicable
Author

That sounds like a different problem. Did you try to connect to the QV Server from iphone using internal (wifi) network? Otherwise you have to make sure your QlikVIew Server is reachable through internet and open certain ports (80 en 4747 standard) on your firewall. I both tryed to open document on iPhone through wifi and 3G, but both give the same error. When using the IE plugin everything works fine, both internal and external (through internet).
Anybody using the same application versions is having a working iPhone client?

Regards Mark

Not applicable
Author

That sounds like a different problem. Did you try to connect to the QV Server from iphone using internal (wifi) network? Otherwise you have to make sure your QlikVIew Server is reachable through internet and open certain ports (80 en 4747 standard) on your firewall. I both tryed to open document on iPhone through wifi and 3G, but both give the same error. When using the IE plugin everything works fine, both internal and external (through internet).

Regards Mark

Not applicable
Author

Regards Mark

Not applicable
Author

I am accessing the server via the VPN, and I know that works because I can still access some of my other server admin pages (different servers and applications) with the iPhone.

Not applicable
Author

I got mine working again. I had to change the URL property from server name to the server's internal IP on the QlikView Servers page. It is now working properly. This is rather odd because before SR1 and Client V 2.0 it would NOT work with the server address - only the server name.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark... I'm with the same problem (SR1 with iPhone Client 2.0.1)... I tried with 8.5, and works fine.

I'm trying to access in my wifi network, using the IP number of my computer.

any news about that?

Thank you
Julian

Not applicable
Author

Hello Julian,

I contacted the QlikTech support department and they described the following solution:

having searched the archive the most probable reason for this is related to configuration of the QVS in combination of IIS. If you want the users to authenticate (to use User CALs), proceed as below:
set QVS to prohibit anonymous for NTFS security
if using QV Webserver, uncheck the "Always anonymous" option
grant the account "IQVS_machinename" access to the folders/files

For me unchecking the prohibit anonymous option did the trick. Hope this helps, good luck!

Regards,

Mark