Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication with QVS on domain and QvWS in DMZ

I'm new to qlikview, and trying to set up a system where the qlikview server is a Windows 2003 domain member and the qlikview web server (not using IIS) is in a DMZ.

I want to be able to set up users in a "Custom Directory" or something similar so that when users access the Accesspoint they're authenticated and given access to whatever documents they should see.

Using DMS authorization, I can do the above when I create local users on the qlikview web server machine, i.e. the qlikview server seems happy to authenticate those users and then show them the documents they should be able to access. But obviously using local users on the web server isn't ideal.

I don't want to have to create a domain in the DMZ just for customers to access our qlikview server.

The qlikview reference manual alludes to using ticketing for this purpose, but I haven't been able to find any decent instructions on how to set this up.

Can anyone help, or point me at documentation that explains how to achieve this kind of setup?

Thanks.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi sysadmin,

I'm facing the same issue, using an internal QVS used also for custom user authentication. Then installing a DMZ Web server in another domain.

I can set up the config.xml file so that it access to the internal QVS server but web server cannot contact the QV Server.

I guess this is because the services account are not recognized in either side ...

Did you get any update or did you solve this issue ?

Thanks for sharing.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Dear Sébastien,

Please pass on the solution in case if you got solution for above mentioned queries.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When I sent this post, there was an issue with "Admin" communication between two servers if they were not in the same domain.

This problem was present in V9.

I guess it was solved on the V10 by specifying an account between QVWS and QVS across domains. This must be confirmed by the support team of QlikView.

As a workaround we installed a reverse proxy in order to only allow /qv*on port 80 to come in the QVWS server.

I hope this will help you.

Rgds,

Sébastien