Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button to record user Usage

Hi Experts

I have a QV dashboard with 10 different users, I need to know who is actually using the dashboard and when ( Its an internal debate issue !!)

Our support have told me that there is no easy way to record this so I was thinking that ( AND I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS POSSBLE)

as a work around --

Hide all sheets - bar one

On this sheet put a button that when toggled

shows all sheets and

*Presumably uses a macro to update an Excel file on the s drive with data based on users info

-- Hence I would have a log of all users!!!

Has anyone got any feedback on this ?

Do you think its possible?

Should I not even try and persue it ?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

A

22 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

The Excel file is saved onto the server and it works fine for the 2 developers its only the viewers that are having this issue -- in saying that Excel is not installed on the server, nor will it be !! Does this mean this is a non runner now ?

When I Ctl + Shift+M I see that the Macro level seems to be fine !!!

How do they set System Level Access ?

As always any suggestions greatly appreciated !

Thanks
A

excel error.bmp

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Excel doesn't need to be installed on the server.

Have the end user do Shift+Ctrl+M to check the macro access level.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mwoolf

for the viewers it is set to "Limit Module....." but even if they click onto "Give System ....." it does not run, presumably they need to change to that and save it and then everytime they open thereafter it would work !!

But I dont know how to allow the viewer to Save this change ,

Do you ?

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Registry entry should be saved when user selects. Are these users administrators of thier computers?

If not, you may need to set the appropriate registry key for them.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Im having issues replying , I hope you get this

Nobody in this office are administrators of our PCs , do you know how an administrator would change /amend the registry key ?

Thanks

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

The administrator will log into the PC and run the following vbscript. Copy the script and paste into a text editor. Then save with any name and a .vbs extension.

'// ************************************************** 

'// Script for adding some registry keys to the current user profile/registry settings 
'// for enabling the macro security/module security for the SERVER defined below 
'// ~ 

'// CONFIGURATION 

'// Just configure the script by defining your server below 

'// ~ 

'// The article explaining this script can be found at 

'// http://www.qlikblog.at/523/ 

'// ************************************************** 

CONST cSERVER_NAME = "YOUR_SERVER_NAME"

Dim WshShell 'as Object 

' Delete any registry entries where the user blocked script for the server
on error resume next
WSHShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script Blocked\" & cSERVER_NAME
WSHShell.RegDelete "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script Blocked\"

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\", 1, "REG_SZ" 

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\", 1, "REG_SZ" 

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\ " & cSERVER_NAME, "", "REG_SZ"

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I have tried to reply 3 times with no success.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mwoolf

Ive had same issue !!!

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I posted a reply regarding how an admin would change the registry settings and got a message saying that my post had to be approved by a moderator.

We'll see if it shows up later today.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mwoolf

Hopefully they approve it and I get to read it