Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AccessPoint document naming

Hi, I am testing QVS X64 ver 9 SR1 and the use of AccessPoint. We don't have an enterprise edition of QV Publisher so I don't need any solutions using that. My AccessPoint is working just fine and I have sorted all our documents in categories.

The problem is that the documentnames in AccessPoint are the same as the filenames on the server, for instance item.qvw. I want it to be called "Itemsearch" in the AccessPoint meny without file extentions. Do any of you have a solution where I can name the documents regardless of their filenames?

I have also tried naming the documents in the Document Properties, but that did not have any effect on AccessPoint.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I am sorry, but the only solution I have found (that is verified) is to buy QV Publisher Enterprise. Then you can rename your applications as you wish.

My solution was to quit using AccessPoint and create my own html-page that serveres as the users gateway to all the applications, using IIS and links like this: http://yourwebserver/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=sharedcatalog/yourapp.qvw

Ken

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, kenSmile

I have the same issue as you.

Have you sorted it out?

If so, I would aprreciate if you could share the information with me.

Aki

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I am sorry, but the only solution I have found (that is verified) is to buy QV Publisher Enterprise. Then you can rename your applications as you wish.

My solution was to quit using AccessPoint and create my own html-page that serveres as the users gateway to all the applications, using IIS and links like this: http://yourwebserver/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=sharedcatalog/yourapp.qvw

Ken

Not applicable
Author

Ken,

Thanks for you reply.

That's valuable infomation for me that QV Publisher Enterprise makes it possible,

although it's difficult for us to purchase the license of PublisherSmile

Thanks for your idea, however,

I want to use the feature of Access Point such as load balance or anthorization control.

Hm, I have to compromise something.

Anywway, thank you for your help!

Aki

Not applicable
Author

Ken,

I couldn't rename the file.

Then I finally modified the script file below to cut the extension.

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\AccessPoint.js

That made it possible to show the name without extension.

I'm not sure if changing codes is illegal or not, however, it works.

For your information.

Aki

Not applicable
Author

Tanks Aki

Your solution helps, at least partly, to my problem. I guess there is no way around buying the enterprise publisher if we want complete freedom.

Ken

Not applicable
Author

I am testing out QV 10. Publisher is now integrated w/ Server. However, I cannot find anywhere in Management Console or Enterprise Management Console that will allow me to give the document a "Publish As" name. Anyone have an answer about how to achieve this in QV 10?