Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Charts open with a big X

Hi All,

One of our QlikView developers created a dashboard, and sometimes when he opens a tab with many charts, they all appear with a big X on them and don't display data.  His machine has 4 GBs of data and is fairly new.  Any idea what is causing the chart to appear with the big X?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure the Plugin version this user is running is the same as the Server version. If not, get to the Access Point and download and install from the Access Point main page. Make sure that the Internet Explorer is running in 32 bit mode, even when the computer is 64 bit.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi dsaluga,

I have had that happen before as well. The way I got around it was changing my expressions (there were complex if statments that I replaced with Set Analysis statements). That being said the other time it also happened was when I incorrectly used Set Analysis. Bottom line - try removing expressions until you find the one(s) that causes problems and try writing them in a different way.

Not applicable
Author

How many records are we talking about?

Your OS is 32 or 64 bits?

Not applicable
Author

We are on a 64 bit system.  The strange thing is the portal report displays correctly but the X's only appear on the developers PC which is 64 bit Windows 7 with 4GB of RAM.  The tab does have 7 pie charts with a lot of If Statements.  That must be causing it.  By the way, a copy of the error message is attached.

Not applicable
Author

More clarification.  This one user is the only one getting this error message when opening any dashboard on the Access Portal.  Most charts go to the X.  He is one of the few that is using Windows 7.  He also said that the charts display correctly when using the Ajax Client.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure the Plugin version this user is running is the same as the Server version. If not, get to the Access Point and download and install from the Access Point main page. Make sure that the Internet Explorer is running in 32 bit mode, even when the computer is 64 bit.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel, you saved the day again.  The user ran IE in 32-bit mode and reinstalledthe plugin to “modify” the installation. After it finished, everything seems to be fine.  I also found this post on the internet about running 32 Bit IE on a 64 Bit machine.

You cannot revert back from 64 bit operating system to 32bit operating system. If you have to do so then you need to perform a custominstallation of the operating system. If you have a 64 bit operating systemthen by default there will be a folder for 32 bit internet explorer. If youwant 32 bit internet explorer then you can copy a shortcut of the icon from thefolder” C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” and paste it onthe desktop.   Check the locations mentioned below. Folder for 32 bitinternet explorer. C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Folderfor 64 bit internet explorer. C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe  If you are using IE 8 then you can use compatibility mode, refer to thepost written by “DatDarkOne” in the link mentioned below.  http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/77758349-47ac-46a9-abca-f3c...