Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload task execute only when document actively being used?

I have one document reloads every 5 minutes between 6am and 6pm.

Is it possible to put a reload task to sleep if users are not actively viewing the document?

James

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I believe we don't have such feature.

Regards

ASHFAQ

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

This would not be very straightforward, but you could read server sessions log to identify file usage.

You can get an idea of how to read this file analyzing this qvw:

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1029

You could first read this log, then identify usage and choose to update your qvw or not inside script, but since your load is very quick, maybe this approach will not have a good performance

Regards,

Erich

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't think there is a reliable way to know when was the document last accessed unless you're looking at the currently online users, and I'm not sure if you can do that through the QMS API.

Sessions log will only show you what documents were being accessed but only after the session closes.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Yes, the overhead of checking to see if someone is using the document is much higher than simply allowing the document to reload on a 5 minute schedule.  In fact, the log shows 3 seconds to connect to the database, read the records, and complete the reload.  Another 5-6 seconds are used to start the task, distribute the document, and close out the task.

James