Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is BI? How QlikView guy can introduce to others?

Hi All,

Though we have been working on QlikView. I always have question on what is meant by BI(Business Intelligence). How QlikView helps in BI. When we are introducing to someone how we could introduce ourself. My roles and responsiblity is to develope dashboard and charts as per the requirement. In this case how I can introduce myself.Your answer will be help me to introduce better to others.

Thanks,

Attiude

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Can someone please reply for my above post?

Thanks,

Attitude

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

BI is a concepts like DBMS. You can see the explanation of BI below form Wikipedia. 

For DBMS we have many database like SQL server, oracle, mysql, MS access etc.  All uses different techniques to handle data, but follows all DBMS concepts.

Like Qlikview, cognos, informatica, Crystal reports, Abinitio etc.  are all BI reporting tools.  Every tool has different features but follows the BI concepts.

Business intelligence (BI) mainly refers to computer-based techniques used in identifying, extracting,[clarification needed] and analyzing business data, such as sales revenue by products and/or departments, or by associated costs and incomes.

BI technologies provide historical, current and predictive views of business operations. Common functions of business intelligence technologies are reporting, online analytical processing, analytics, data mining, process mining, complex event processing, business performance management, benchmarking, text mining and predictive analytics.

Business intelligence aims to support better business decision-making. Thus a BI system can be called a decision support system (DSS). Though the term business intelligence is sometimes used as a synonym for competitive intelligence, because they both support decision making, BI uses technologies, processes, and applications to analyze mostly internal, structured data and business processes while competitive intelligence gathers, analyzes and disseminates information with a topical focus on company competitors. Business intelligence understood broadly can include the subset of competitive intelligence

Since Qlikview is one of the BI reporting tool.  You can introduce yourself as Qlikview Developer.  Generally Qlikview developer has the following roles

.Requirement Analysis

.Scripting

.Designing dashboards

.Validating reports

.Publishing

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan, for giving valuable information. It is really helpful for me and others as well.