Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QV Server/Publisher v9.00 - QVPR with SQL Server 2005

Hello,

I'm looking for someone with successful/positive experience implementing QVPR of QlikView 9.00 Publisher running on SQL Server 2005 (or someone who experienced similar error as I did) to discuss it.

My environment (all on one physical machine):

- 32-bit, Windows Server 2003 SP2, MS SQL Server 2005 SP3, QV 9.00.7257.6 SR1

Despite the fact the SQL Surface Connection is enabled for Local and Remote connections, TCP/P and Named Pipes I'm getting message:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)

Cheers

Pavol

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

The issue resolved with a bit of looking into SQL Server help tools/books (also confirmed by QlikTech). Here it is for those who may be interested in it or came accross the same issue when using a named instance of SQL Server for QVPR:

SQL Server 2005
a. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager, and then expand SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration.
b. Click Protocols for InstanceName, and then double-click TCP/IP in the right panel. Note: InstanceName is a placeholder for the named instance of SQL Server 2005.
c. On the Protocol tab, notice the value of the Listen All item.
d. Click the IP Addresses tab:
- If the value of Listen All is yes, the TCP/IP port number for this instance of SQL Server 2005 is the value of the TCP Dynamic Ports item under IPAll.
- If the value of Listen All is no, the TCP/IP port number for this instance of SQL Server 2005 is the value of the TCP Dynamic Ports item for a specific IP address.
Note : If the value of the TCP Dynamic Ports item is not set, you must set it yourself. For more information about how to configure a server to listen on a specific TCP port, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177440.aspx (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177440.aspx)
e. Click OK.