Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Version 9 - Reloads Aren't Working

Hi everyone, we installed QlikView Version 9 (latest release) and played around with the reload capabilities. This is what we did which we thought would work but did not:

- Created a simple QVW that has inline data
- Set the reload schedule within the document (Settings->Document Properties->Scheduler) to be every 5 minutes
- Copied the document to the QlikView server document root
- Waited 5 minutes - no reload
- Went to the QMC and saw this (see screenshot below)

Are we missing anything? The documentation says you just set the settings in the QVW document and the server should just pick it up. Looks like it doesn't...

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the screenshot no task is set to preform? Did you pushed apply when you were done configuring the reload task?

Greetz

Not applicable
Author

We were under the impression that you just set the reload settings in the document, upload the file to the server and then it picks up the reload settings on it's own with no changes to be made in the QMC. Looks like that's not the case and why the QMC shows nothing!

Not applicable
Author

Which version of QV are you using? SR-1? Because if the manual says you can use that option to set a reload task, then this will maybe be a bug.

Greetz

Not applicable
Author

It sys QEMC the Enterprise management console I wonder if thats different, my qv9 sr1 isnt picking it up either

Not applicable
Author

There is a Management Console for each QV Server, that controls how that server operates.

There is an Enterprise Management Console for the whole network that controls how individual QV Servers co-operate in a group.

You need to check both, even when you only have one server.

Not applicable
Author

We're using the Version 9 SR 1.

The QlikView Reference Manual (for QlikView Desktop) states on page 19:

"When designing a QlikView document it is now possible to define a default reload schedule in the Document Properties dialog (see page 37 in Book II). This can in many cases reduce the administrative overhead of setting up a reload task when adding new documents to the server. From the QMC or QEMC you may accept a proposed schedule with a single click."

So it sounds like all you do is set the schedule in the Document Properties and then the server should pick it up and allow the admin to enable everything with a single click.

I do agree this sounds like a bug. I'm going to file a bug with their support.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

It appears that this only works if publisher is license and you have to use the Enterprise Console.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.