Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Q

I have a straight table chart and currently I have 2 dimensions and 1 expression.  I want to have only 1 dimension and the 1 expression using set analysis.  My current dims are CampaignName & EmailName and my expression is, =only({Bounceback={'y'}>} [EmailAddress]).  The set expression is working but when I remove the dimension EmailName the set expression fails out.  What am I missing?  I only want to show the CampaignName and the EmailAddress in the chart where BounceBack=Y.  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand correctly, I assume you need to group by EmailName (using a second dimension), to get the separate lines that you want, so you need to use that second dimension.

But then you maybe want to hide the EmailName (second dimension column), so using a straight table, you can go to presentation tab in chart properties and just check 'hide column' for that dimension.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assume you won't get an unambiguous result for your expression when using only one dimension.

Try replacing the only() with concat() and check if you get multiple email adresses.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply. It works and it doesn't.  I can remove the dimension EmailName, but the set expression does concatenate all of the email addresses together.  I was trying to get a chart that could be exported to excel so that each email address was its own field so that the end user could remove them from their emailing lists or what ever they needed.  Thoughts?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand correctly, I assume you need to group by EmailName (using a second dimension), to get the separate lines that you want, so you need to use that second dimension.

But then you maybe want to hide the EmailName (second dimension column), so using a straight table, you can go to presentation tab in chart properties and just check 'hide column' for that dimension.