cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikOcx.ocx: UserName and Password

Hello,

i have a problem opening .qvw files with QlikOcx

I am using QlikView 10 SR4 32bit desktop with regular license, registered the ocx found in QvPlugin subdiretory, WinXP, Visual Studio 2008 (VisualBasic), and a .qvw file local on my machine, the .qvw file has a Section Access defining name and passwords for users who can open the document

The problem: my application can't successfully pass username e password to the Ocx

I tried passing user&pwd in the same statement used for opening the document:

QlikOcx.OpenDocument(DocPath, myusername, mypassword) 

or setting user&pwd in the OCX before opening the document

QlikOcx.UserName = myusername

QlikOcx.Password = mypassword

QlikOcx.OpenDocument(DocPath)

but the result is the same: when the application tries to open the .qvw file, a dialog appears asking for username e password, which must be entered manually

I tried QlikView 11 and Borland Delphi also, always the same

But if i modify the Section Access in order to grant the current windows user opening the document without entering username e password, only in this case the OCX is able to open the document without the login dialog and everything works ok

Any idea?

Thankyou for your answers

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I am using QV 10 SR3, VS 2010. I use the call

QlikOcx.OpenDocument(DocPath, myusername, mypassword)

I find that if either the name or password are not correct ... then it asks for both.

Do you have case sensitive name/pswd?

Try using a notepad document that has the name/password and do copy/paste from the notepad to the dialog to make sure these are the correct name/pswd. Then copy/paste these values into your OpenDocument call. I've had some "fat finger" problems in the past that were resolved using a notepad ...